No announcement yet.

US deaths in Iraq pass 3000, 22,000 seriously wounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Arabia's threatened to supply the Sunni insurgents with money and weapons should a Sunni-Shia civil war break out, but as far as I know the bulk of foreign support for the Sunni insurgency at the moment still comes through Syria.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Occupy the evil regimes in Saudi Arabia and Syria. This is also the War Nerd's preferred scenario, and who but a naval expert would disagree with the War Nerd?

Comment

pretty bad. Still much lower than Vietnam. But not that much lower.

Comment

3,500 vs 58,000.

Of course Vietnam was between 1959 and 1976 (17 years) where as Iraq has only been 2003-2007 (4 years) unless you want to count the no fly zones which was extremely low intensity (1-2 attacks per year). It's still on track to deliver 14k-15k casualties if it went on as long as Vietnam did. That's nothing to laugh about.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Wasn't the initial phase in Vietnam fairly quiet as well?

Must suck to know that the US has lost yet another war...
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The Us will be out by the end of 2008 or the very beginning of 2009 because even the Republicans have said they'll turn against it if the next election is at stake. Which it is. Basically Bush has bought time until summer 2008 but when things aren't dramatically better Republicans have already said they're going to act like rats escaping from a sinking ship; they want to save their own asses instead of going down with the S.S. Bush.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why don't they just cut their losses and pull out now, that would save at least 1,000 US body bags at current 'surge' rates.

Comment

Of course Vietnam was between 1959 and 1976 (17 years) where as Iraq has only been 2003-2007 (4 years) unless you want to count the no fly zones which was extremely low intensity (1-2 attacks per year). It's still on track to deliver 14k-15k casualties if it went on as long as Vietnam did.

I see you're displaying your usual attention to detail. Major American involvement in Vietnam lasted for a little more than 8 years, from Aug. 1964 (Gulf of Tonkin Incident) to Jan. 1973 (Paris Peace Accords). As such, the American involvement in Iraq has already lasted half as long as the American involvement in Vietnam, but with only ~6% the number of fatalities.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

THEY ARE THE SAME!!!
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

its vietnam in the sand
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

It's nothing like Vietnam save for the fact that America is losing...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

its vietnam in the sand
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            But Drake, I thought you said the surge was working?

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                              only because Vietnam haunts the whole thing

just about finished re-reading Maclean's 10,000 day war, they even had a surge
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

History has a habit of repeating itself...

Comment

Working...
                                X