Do you hug men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you hug men?

This poll won't be as useful if you are a woman. . Go ahead and say it. Club thread.

And for the purposes of this poll I'm talking about men you are not related to. I hugged my uncle once, but he's an uncle.

So I hugged a man last night. Interestingly, the man I hugged was gay. At least I think he is, I never actually asked him. If he was straight I probably wouldn't have hugged him. Now the real question is: does that make me gay? . And yes the alcohol contributed to the hugging.

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has done this. I've revealed so many embarrassing details here on poly, I hate to reveal more. You guys will probably think I'm gay now.

I'm sure this is much more common in Europe than in the homophobic United States.
    yes
    78.00%
    no
    20.00%
    only if he has a banana in his pocket
    2.00%

Do family members count? If so, yes.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I hug. I don't kiss. I'll hug.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Do you hug men?

Originally posted by Dis
        You guys will probably think I'm gay now.
        No, I still think you're asexual.

I hug guys. I've kissed a few too, for that matter.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I don't hug men because they are gay. In fact, I don't know if I have ever hugged a gay man.

I hug people when they seem to expect it. Or if it seems to be the usual case. Or if they are someone I feel close to.

I would rather hug a good male freind than a girl who I don't know.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I hug men... It's common in Brazil. Nothing related with sex or sexual orientation. We even kiss men...
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

"No, I still think you're asexual."

Touche!

We love you, Dis. Give us a hug.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have personally hugged both Ming and Rah.
                Not that there's anything wrong with that...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What is asexual?

maybe I am gay and don't know it.

BTW this guy was from El Salvador. So that may have made a difference. I generally wouldn't do it for an american.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                    I have personally hugged both Ming and Rah.
                    Not that there's anything wrong with that...
                    brown nosing so they don't ban you or give you PCR's doesn't count. JK

Comment

The very question shows how little contact with humans you've had. Maybe you should resolve your social issues before thinking about the romantic ones. PH too.

Comment

not really. That's just how it is in the U.S. I have rarely seen guys hug. They do on tv, but I never see it in real life.

and I have no romantic aspirations. i have officially given up on that. all I care about now is my friends.

Comment

good friends, but not my family (they're pretty cold about that)
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Yeah, my family is pretty cold about that also.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

brown nosing so they don't ban you or give you PCR's doesn't count. JK
                              Trust me, it would take more than a hug...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X