No announcement yet.

What does $1million buy in your neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rather run of the mill 4 bed 2.5 bath, 2000 sq ft house on a 0.1 acre lot.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

9 good big apartments with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Depends what you're in the mood for -- a million bucks will get you either a farm or a mansion. (These are both within a 10-minute drive of my house.)

This is a one of a kind 145 acre nature sanctuary with rolling terrain, 25 acres of gorgeous woods, abundant pastures and about 90 acres of high yield crop land. The original home, built in about 1900, is very nice and worthy of renovation even though it is very serviceable in its present condition.
        Over 6,500 sq. ft, in this lodge-style ranch w/walk-up bsmt. Our exterior is a custom blend of stone, brick, cedar shakes, and copper roofing. This uniquely amazing home features a gourmet kitchen open to breakfast dining, and a keeping rm w/stone FP, the Grand Rm features a slate Fp flanked by built-ins, main level office w/private bath, Master Suite filled w/eye catching surprises, over 4 bdrms, 5.5 baths, full fin. bsmt w/Billiards Rm, Exercise Rm, Great Rm w/stone Fp, full wet bar and gaming area, Customized Home Theater, Gaming Room, Wine closet, full bath, and still unfin. space for storage.
        In my immediate neighborhood (i.e., within a ten minute's walking distance) a million bucks would buy you between six and nine houses.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The whole street.

If I had the one million to spend I would buy downtown (yes, all of it) and fix up as much as I had left over for.
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I went to realtor.com to see some listings in my area. I put in single family homes for sale between $900,000 to $1,250,000. Here are the results: http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Home...yp=1&x=31&y=11

We have a 4 Bed, 3 Bath 1,450 Sq. Ft town house in mission beach. A 4 Bed, 2 Bath 1,789 Sq. Ft. on 0.12 Acres in crown point (a rather old development north of downtown along the bay front). A 1970's vintage track home in Carmel Valley 4 Bed, 2.5 Bath 2,538 Sq. Ft. 0.23 Acres. And a bunch of other track homes between 2k-3k sq ft. To get a costum built mansion in a desirable part of town you'd need much more then $1 million. $1 million just buys a large track home.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

MLS search in my neighbourhood $900k-$1 million:

And for $1 million+:

"The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Where a million will get you little:

If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

ditto Shogun

Comment

Working...
                  X