This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin
    When FARGO doesn't have snow on the ground during Cristmas you know something screwiy is going on.
    Typical denialist, attacking long-term global data using regional oddball situations.

Oh, the irony.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

That's odd, I had a white Christmas and I don't live that far away from you

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      Oh, the irony.
      You just noticed Odin is a moron and a hypocrite?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        That's odd, I had a white Christmas and I don't live that far away from you
        Where, in Pittsburgh or Fairfax?

I was talking about the situation in Montreal, though I'm fairly certain Baltimore didn't have snow on the ground either.

Pittsburgh is 500 km from Montreal, by the way...
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          You just noticed Odin is a moron and a hypocrite?
          No, however the juxtaposition of those two statements, especially when one was made immediately after the other was simply too much to ignore.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

By the way, I generally consider a hypocrite to be somebody who consciously contradicts his stated beliefs.

Odin doesn't qualify. I'm convinced that the irony simply did not occur to him.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I was talking about the situation in Montreal, though I'm fairly certain Baltimore didn't have snow on the ground either.

We got snow on Boxing day and on the 27th, so that was probably the same front that gave Pittsburgh its Christmas miracle.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Colorado actually, but I thought you were talking about Baltimore (and was counting Fairfax as where I live).

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                  No snow in Ottawa for Christmas either and the first green Christmas for me too. And no snow in my hometown, a 6 hour drive north from here. It's just not right.
                  If I recall, there was a green Christmas a few years ago... well for the people of Montreal at least, not those further North.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I've never had one, as long as I can remember (last 20 years) in Montreal.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Typical denialist, attacking long-term global data using regional oddball situations.

Oh, the irony.
                      Hey! "Something screwy going on" != I am whining about GW. I was just moaning about the lack of a white Christmas. I'm not one of those people who are stupid enough to base GW on annecdotal evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Hey! "Something screwy going on" != I am whining about GW. I was just moaning about the lack of a white Christmas. I'm not one of those people who are stupid enough to base GW on annecdotal evidence.
                        Horse****.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The weather here SUCKS. I want my snow, ******!

I did get my fix on the 30th. I was in northern VT with some friends and we got ~3 inches of snow. It was so nice...

And here in CT on January freaking 2nd, it's gonna be around 50 degrees all week. Harrumph.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, no snow at all. Just rain. Even ice has .. gone away.

I wonder if we get any snow this year at all. And no, I don't live in the desert.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I've never had one, as long as I can remember (last 20 years) in Montreal.
                              I say you lost memory. There was one not that long ago where you could see the grass (but true there was a thin layer of white on it). Since we're not talking about Paris here, but Montreal, I say it counts as a green Christimas.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I've only had one white Christmas in my entire life and it was because we were in that ****hole called Baltimore that year.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X