No announcement yet.

This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No snow in the Bay Area (/feignsurprise!), was there even any in Montreal?
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Re: This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      It was weird to not have snow on the ground on December 25th.

Luckily we made up for it on the 26th and 27th.

Was this so hard to understand, then?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No white christmas here despite the facts of rite - christmases are supposed to be white.

Nah, reality is that we only have had 5-7 white x-mases the last century.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Re: Re: This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Was this so hard to understand, then?
          I thought you lived somewhere else now.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Christmas Eve was about 50F (10C) with heavy rain. Christmas Day was a soggy 12C morn, with more rain in the afternoon.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: Re: Re: This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Originally posted by Victor Galis

I thought you lived somewhere else now.
              Yes, but why would I spend Christmas in Baltimore alone with my wife when we could go back to Montreal and spend it with our families?
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: This was the first year I didn't have a white Christmas

Yes, but why would I spend Christmas in Baltimore alone with my wife when we could go back to Montreal and spend it with our families?
                I'd come up with some sort of witty retort, but I assume it would just lead to further pwnage as my brain in fact shut down for the night about 6 hours ago.
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

That's cool. Just giving you a rough time, dude.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Same here, and yes, crazy.

But it has got absolutely nothing to do with global warming, because it does not exist
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                      Nah, reality is that we only have had 5-7 white x-mases the last century.
                      That's only if we use the danish official definition of a white Christmas, for a year to be called a white Christmas 90% of Denmark has to be covered in snow IIRC (which happened in 1995 and 1981), there's probably been some local snow on Christmas eve a few times
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Global warming or not, something IS different about the weather.

When I lived in New Zealand, I remember long hot summers, I remember as a kid, running along concrete paths as fast as I can and jumping into the hot leather seats in the car because the concrete was too damn hot to stand on. That would be about this time of the year, but now, and recently, we'd all be disappointed, and wondering where the hot weather has gone.
                        be free

Comment

That's cool. Just giving you a rough time, dude.
                          I suppose I could also just blame the whole thing on the highly unnatural idea of not having snow on the ground in Montreal around Christmas. I have lots of childhood memories of winter involve large banks of snow that people are desperately trying to dig cars out of
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                            Global warming or not, something IS different about the weather.

When I lived in New Zealand, I remember long hot summers, I remember as a kid, running along concrete paths as fast as I can and jumping into the hot leather seats in the car because the concrete was too damn hot to stand on. That would be about this time of the year, but now, and recently, we'd all be disappointed, and wondering where the hot weather has gone.
                            The southern hemisphere has seemed to have a bit of a monopoly on coldness recently..
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

When FARGO doesn't have snow on the ground during Cristmas you know something screwiy is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Doddler
                                Amazingly, Australia had a white Christmas, right in the middle of summer.

Shame it wasn't at the cricket though.

Global warming for you!

Does this mean we are about to enter an ice age??
                                Typical denialist, attacking long-term global data using regional oddball situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X