FDA poised to OK food from cloned animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
    I'm pro cloning and genetic engineering, but I can imagine an Oerdin in 50 years arguing similarly for Soylent Green. Protein is just protein, whether its from a cow or a person. its good for ya!
    Oh, yes! I am following you perfectly! I mean advocating that corn be called corn is exactly the same as cannibalism.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It won't solve the homeless problem if we're cloning the homeless!

Comment

Well both the cloning and the genetic engineering come down to this. What does the market want.

With the public coming more and more conscious about the orgins of their products. What do people rather want to eat. The natural stuff, cows raised in green meadows or the grey factory environment.
        I'm in favor of the cloning thing if that brings more cheap meat to people. If people want the "real" meat they will buy it.

Just google cattle and hormones and see that it isn´t that appealing really to eat that stuff.

For example the Whole Foods chain has said to the Icelandic Farmers Federation that they will sell everything they can give them, because there is a growing market for biologicly grown food. Dairy products, meat, you name it. And they will pay whatever prize for it.

So I am all in for this cloning stuff, but I know what I would rather eat. The natural stuff for me.
        I am against cruelty to cattle and hormones :
        (and just to be a bastard: whaling )
        When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Working...
        X