I Just Installed Vista RC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Installed Vista RC1

I just installed Vista RC1 on my computer. So far it is working pretty good. It also has Windows Defender including. The graphics are pretty nice too. Allthough if you want to install it on your computer you have to have 512mb of rab at least. Also If you want to update your graphic driver, those wont work since there are none for Windows Vista, but most likely the driver is already included with Vista, like it was for my computer. Over all I like it so far.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Why would you install RC1 when RC2 and later versions are available?
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Then I made a mistake, it is the lattest version. I just though RC1 was the lattest.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

latest
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I hear you have a new woman in your life Prov!
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

what?

Comment

No one wants to talk about Vista? Has anyone here installed it yet? If so do you like it?

Comment

I installed RC1 as my main OS back in September and I have been running it with no problems since them. I plan to do a fresh install with the retail version when it comes out.

It has a lot of nice touches that I like; searching through the start menu is very convenient for instance. The Games explorer is neat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  I installed RC1 as my main OS back in September and I have been running it with no problems since them. I plan to do a fresh install with the retail version when it comes out.

It has a lot of nice touches that I like; searching through the start menu is very convenient for instance. The Games explorer is neat as well.
                  I did not know anything about the game explorer, and I just tried it out and I think it is cool too.

Comment

I also notice that when ever I run a program or do anything in Vista it always ask for my permission first before doing it. I kind of like it, because I am hoping it will be more secure then Windows XP.

Comment

I've disabled the access control. I hated it.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I don't want Vista. From what I read, it'll be a resource hog of a MM hell. But I guess old MS will force it on me next time I buy a computer. Which luckily is some time away, as I bought myself a new laptop this autumn.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          I don't want Vista. From what I read, it'll be a resource hog of a MM hell. But I guess old MS will force it on me next time I buy a computer. Which luckily is some time away, as I bought myself a new laptop this autumn.
                          You can run vista in two different modes. You need at least 512mb of RAM to run it. On my laptop I have 2 gigs and it runs great. I still like vista, I think it is a lot better then XP.

Comment

Vista

But the current nVidia drivers for Vista

Comment

512mb of Ram really isn't that much. Most new computers are shipping with 2 gb these days with even the cheapo ones having 1 gb.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X