Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Though I guess this entire line is all speculation until Rowling writes her own Similarion (if she ever does).
    There is no comparison between Tolkiens masterworks and Harry Potter; Rowling will never write "her own Similarion".
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

You are right... Harry Potter is far more enjoyable
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

True. Unlike Tolkien, Rowling is a great storyteller.

If you make stupid assertions about how a fantasy series is a masterpiece, it doesn't prove anything, except that you're a massive dork.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I don't think anyone would write a silmarillion like book for HP. HP's world is simply not as well developed as the LotR world was ... hence the need for a silmarillion. Now, that said, prehistory books could certainly be written - but nothing as complex as the silmarillion. HP is a plot and character driven story, while LotR is a history driven epic. They aren't really comparable.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, that's a similar thing (prehistory book). Simillarion is basically a history book for the LOTR world. It's not particularly anything more special than that.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Actually, it's the Middle-Earth Bible, detailing the origins of life on that world and the religious backstory behind it all. HP doesn't have that kind of depth to it, unless JKR makes some lame revelation in book seven that Voldemort is Slytherin reincarnated or something like that. Voldemort came to power around 1970, right? And the history of the magical world prior to that point is mostly goblin riots and suchlike, with occasional but apparently unrelated dark wizards arising.

By the by, I don't suppose Godric's Hollow was called Godric's Hallow in the Brit edition, and changed for the American edition for some absurd reason? That was my first thought when I read the title, before I remembered that it's Hollow, not Hallow. As is, "deathly hallows," in addition to sounding lame, only suggests some sort of unholy location in general to me.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
              X