Spring-loaded Bow Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring-loaded Bow Staff

Consider such a weapon. You have what looks to be an ordinary cane -- until it is activated! The cane immediately expands in size, roughly tripling in size, with a spring-loaded mechanism.

I've searched Google Patent Search and there appears to be no such patent.

Consider: An old man is mugged, and he activates his Spring-loaded Bow Staff (SBS) and goes StarWarsKid on the mugger's ass. Brilliant, no?

Now I need to work out the details. Eg, stress points.

Also, is there prior art?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

What are you, Pekka Jr?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We were discussing this at work. There is real promise here.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        What are you, Pekka Jr?
        QFT.

Top notch Pekka impersonation, Asher.

Slight flaw in the masterplan -maybe the mugger has one too. Perhaps an over-60's licence could be mandatory.

Comment

Stick to computer science, Asher.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Pekka wishes he could think of such a brilliant invention

Comment

Also, you've obviously never played D&D.

Is there a nerd/geek smilie?
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Such a thing exists in D&D?

Comment

Sword sticks are cooler.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    Also, you've obviously never played D&D.

Is there a nerd/geek smilie?
                    Nah, he's just watched too much Babylon 5
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      Such a thing exists in D&D?
                      I'd have to comb through a few sourcebooks, but I'm nearly certain it does, yes.

Comment

I've watched 2 minutes of Babylon 5 once and gagged.

Comment

Prior Art (litealy): Goku's Power Pole
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Who?

Comment

not to mention

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                              Prior Art (litealy): Goku's Power Pole
                              numerous bad martial arts movies
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X