No announcement yet.

Hogfather hits the small screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't read anything since 1989 you've missed all the best books anyway. The early ones were mere tentative essays in the craft.

Comment

There were a lot of them, so it's tricky to write them off. Still, I'll try a later one or two. Any recommendations?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Thief of Time, The Night Watch, Monstrous Regiment, The Truth, Going Postal.

The advantage of reading them all is having background on the new characters that are introduced - like the excellent Igor and the Monks of Time (can't remember their proper name). Anything with Vimes in is good - his character gets stronger and stronger.

Comment

I actually did not like Monstrous Regiment or Going Postal as much as some earlier books. I actually find Jingo and The Last Continent funnier.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Guards! Guards!

Reaper Man

Soul Music (Music with rocks in )
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

"Interesting times" and "Pyramids"
              (although both of them don´t play in Ankh Morpork)
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

"Pyramids" is a hoot! I re-read it a while back and laughed my ass off this time too I think it´s really one of the best Pratchett books. I like "The Truth" and "Reaper man" very much as well...
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I like the books a lot. But I wasn't fond of Reaper Man.
                  And, Monsterous Regiment, while good, seemed to not be in the same spirit as the rest of the books.

Feet of Clay
                  Thief of Time but the ending's somewhat weird for Prachett newbies.
                  Moving Pictures
                  Pyramids
                  Night Watch is wonderful but better saved for a later reading. There's a lot of references back to earlier stories, and it'd be more enjoyable if you read them first.
                  Interesting Times
                  The Truth

Comment

Working...
                  X