No announcement yet.

Hogfather hits the small screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you see this in the US?? Is SkyNet available here somehow?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No, not to my knowledge, at least. I got it from a friendly Brit.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Too bad I don't know any friendly brits

DVD in march hopefully
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm a friendly Brit, but I'm not in a position to supply anyone the movie. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
            I thought Uberwald was Eastern European/Transylvanian. The mixing up of 'v's and 'w's and all the vampires, werewolves etc who live there.

Anyways, my impression of Omnia was that it represented the Middle East.

....omnia is a generic country ruled by the roman catholic church.

Comment

Omnia as a country is a Theocractic state, and is surrounded by desert states as well, but the heirarchy of the Omnian clergy in Small Gods is pretty similar to the Roman Catholic Church.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
                I really enjoyed the first episode. Didn't see the second as I was out but hopefully my housemates Sky+ed it.

It was fun seeing Corporal Nobbs! Though he wasn't as disgusting as I imagined. Also they gave Visit an Uberwald accent, I thought he was Omnian!
                That's deffinately a middle-eastern accent.

And you could not really visualize Nobbs into something like this. I'd break the telly.
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Did anyone record it?
                  "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                  "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I missed the second part because I was getting drunk instead.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Downloading it as I type

Bittorrent
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        And you could not really visualize Nobbs into something like this. I'd break the telly.
                        Yes, I'm glad they didn't really go to town on Nobby. He was tough enough on the eyes as it was.

Comment

Just watched the second part. They hurried through a couple of pieces that I wish they'd spent more time on, but it was already four hours long so I can see why they didn't. Overall well done.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I haven't read a Pratchett book since about 1989, but I caught this. While I don't know the actual story, I'd have thought it would have included Pratchett's "footnote" humour a lot- comic asides that fly off at a tangent from the plot. I didn't see that coming across in the film, so I really didn't find it very funny.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                              I haven't read a Pratchett book since about 1989, but I caught this. While I don't know the actual story, I'd have thought it would have included Pratchett's "footnote" humour a lot- comic asides that fly off at a tangent from the plot. I didn't see that coming across in the film, so I really didn't find it very funny.
                              Is that the only thing you find funny - the asides? I disagree. When you are tired of Death, you are tired of life.

Comment

They were certainly the parts I found funniest. I'm not into all this "familiarity humour" where things are considered funny through repitition.

In the books I read, I found the tangents to be the most inventive and funny bits. Pratchett clearly loved doing them too, because there were no shortages.
                                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                                X