Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, you're right. That should be: "information. He puts out."
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Anyway, there are real reasons why Coke should be avoided by the health conscious. Even then, it's not dangerous unless drunk in high quantities, but what isn't?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If you already knew this, HTF can you drink that stuff?
        I dont

But this is mainly because I dislike all carbonated beverages. I also agree the stuff is unhealthy, but this is primarily because its nothing more then sugared water. It should be consumed the same way one consumes other deserts, substituting it for water will make you fat as a pig as it has made many Americans. An interesting statistic, the average American get 11% of their entire Caloric intake from Soda alone, all junkfoods count for roughly a third.

I dont belive the acidity is realy dangerous, humans can consume all kinds of acidic foods without harm, you wouldn't argue that Lemons were unhealthy just because they contain acid, infact lemon juice can upset the stomach a bit. I bet a cup or two of fresh-squeezed lemon juice would clean a toilet as well but no one dose that because lemon juice can be turned into an apealing drink and is more expensive then a Coke.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't drink it either (except with rum, and only when there's no vodka, sprite, gin or tonic available). But opposition to Coke in India pisses me off, as it's always expressed either by protectionist commie bastards or protectionist right-wing culture warriors. If you think it's bad for health, don't drink it, and don't buy it for your kids.

Coca-Cola sponsoring events, youth sports teams, etc.
            Coca-Cola investing in food processing and other Indian businesses
            Coca-Cola employing thousands in manufacturing, bottling, distribution and indirectly in hospitality
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

I dont

But this is mainly because I dislike all carbonated beverages. I also agree the stuff is unhealthy, but this is primarily because its nothing more then sugared water. It should be consumed the same way one consumes other deserts, substituting it for water will make you fat as a pig as it has made many Americans. Also the acidity is not realy dangerous, humans can consume all kinds of acidic foods without harm, you wouldn't argue that Lemons were unhealthy just because they contain acid, I bet a cup or two of fresh-squeezed lemon juice would clean a toilet as well but no one dose that because lemon juice can be turned into an actualy apealing drink and is more expensive then a Coke.
              It's not just the acidity, it's also the other stuff, like the thing (forgot its name) which is used to depress the freezing point a little bit below zero, and the fact that if regularly consumed, it's bad for you, and can lead to acidity, and also the fact that it has no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever.

Comment

I generally avoid all things healthy. They give me the shudders.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Here we use coca cola to get rid of the oxide in old things, it works very well

Coca cola is great
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

I remember seeing a Mythbusters episode that tested many Cola myths. The myth that cola works better than toilet cleaner was busted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBus...odes:_Specials (special 4)
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                      It's from a Western company. Or he thinks Indians have sensitive stomachs.
                      Coke can help settle a sensitive stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm

It's not just the acidity, it's also the other stuff, like the thing (forgot its name) which is used to depress the freezing point a little bit below zero,
                        You do realize that almost anything dissolved in water depresses it's freezing point?

and the fact that if regularly consumed, it's bad for you,
                        How? By making you fat the way regular consumption of too many calories from any source at all can make you fat by regular consumption?

and can lead to acidity,
                        Acidity in the stomach is a good thing. If the acidity in the stomach gets so high it causes discomfort then the coke will likely make the stomach less acidic by acting as a buffer. The stomach environment has a much lower ph normally than coke.

and also the fact that it has no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever.
                        This part I would say is completely true.

Drinking a 355 mL coke is exactly like eating 140 calories worth of candy and people need to be mindful of this when they go on consuming huge multi-liter size volumes of the stuff while wondering why they can't keep their weight down.

Comment

Unless someone is as affected as you are, they do not consider drinks which can be used as toilet cleaners good for health.

As for his being a loon - he has to be seen to be believed. Barring an accident, he is going to outlive us all. I'm more inclined to trust him than some random guy on the internets who has nothing much to say anyway.

But still, that was a nice troll - 4/10.
                          So, Iguess he's okay with you guys drinking your toilet cleaner, it is, after all, better for you than Coke is.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                            Anyway, there are real reasons why Coke should be avoided by the health conscious. Even then, it's not dangerous unless drunk in high quantities, but what isn't?
                            semen isn't dangerous when drunk in high quantitites.

Comment

Even though I don't drink:

Beer
                              don't drink?

Well the hard part is out of the way, maybe you should consider becoming a muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                                semen isn't dangerous when drunk in high quantitites.
                                qfwtfpekka
                                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                                X