Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

... and other aerated soft drinks.

India's most popular and revered Yoga guru, Swami Ramdev, beloved of the conservatives for his patriotism and love for his country and religion, and equally beloved of the liberals for his ardently and uncompromisingly reformist attitude, asked people to try out an experiment.

He told them to take a bottle of Coca-Cola, and to use it in place of toilet cleaner (like Harpic) next time they felt like cleaning their toilets.

I tired it.

It worked better than the cleaner.

Since then, I've given up aerated drinks altogether. My relatives tell me that in Haryana, the larger bottles of Coke are unavailable to normal consumers - farmers buy them wholesale for use against a certain pest (though this is hearsay, and not confirmed).

I'd like the people here at 'poly to try out the same, and tell me their results. If this turns out to be applicable to the US versions of Coke as well, then Coca-Cola corporation has some serious explaining to do.

Re: An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

Originally posted by aneeshm
    He told them to take a bottle of Coca-Cola, and to use it in place of toilet cleaner (like Harpic) next time they felt like cleaning their toilets.

I tired it.

Shows how strong the human stomach is
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Re: An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

How on earth can you know that?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Pour some over a car's battery terminals.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: An interesting thing about Coca-Cola....

Originally posted by LordShiva

How on earth can you know that?
          The toilet was totally clean? How else could anyone judge? It totally cleaned off the thin layer of **** that gets deposited on a toilet that is used for a long time.

Comment

Old news, I've heard of this trick for more then a decade, I've never done it myself but I dont doubt it works due to how often you hear about it in "Tips around the home" kind of stuff.

Somehow I expected more divine insight from your gurus....
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I'm afraid that India may become a laughing stock if this catches on.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                Old news, I've heard of this trick for more then a decade, I've never done it myself but I dont doubt it works due to how often you hear about it in "Tips around the home" kind of stuff.
                If you already knew this, HTF can you drink that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  I'm afraid that India may become a laughing stock if this catches on.
                  Ramdev is against Coca-Cola and many other things he sees as bad for India. This is just his way of expressing his displeasure. His main work consists of Yoga teaching in the morning using TV, not of telling people tips on how to clean their toilets.

Comment

So he's the joke.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

aneeshm, you have to remember, you're dealing with jackasses.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Coca Cola, the miracle drink
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Place some nylon tights in something filled with Coca-Cola. A few days later, they will have dissolved completely.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

We used Coca-Cola in the army to get rid of beginning corrosion of our rifle parts after wet terrain practice. It will clear off paint also.

Works wonders for an upset stomach too.

And of course there's the ads..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ramdev is against Coca-Cola and many other things he sees as bad for India.
                              Why on earth does he think Coca-Cola is bad for India?
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X