No announcement yet.

The peace-loving Indian Muslim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, cut the spamming. We don't want to lose our +1s again.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

What did the Pope say? The only thing new about Islam is the concept of spreading religion through war and violence?

Clearly, though, Karl der Grosse did the same thing. Then there is that bit from Urban II providing crusaders a free pass to heaven.

So Christianity (of old) was similar to Islam in its use of violence to spread religion. But what Islam offers are multiple wives and as many concubines as you can conquer on Earth, and virgins in heaven for the martyr.

Makes one think.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        Makes one think.
        {I will not pounce on Ned's hanging curveball. I will behave myself. I will not pounce on Ned's hanging curveball. I will behave myself. I will not pounce on Ned's hanging curveball. I will behave myself.}

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
          What did the Pope say? The only thing new about Islam is the concept of spreading religion through war and violence?

Clearly, though, Karl der Grosse did the same thing. Then there is that bit from Urban II providing crusaders a free pass to heaven.

So Christianity (of old) was similar to Islam in its use of violence to spread religion. But what Islam offers are multiple wives and as many concubines as you can conquer on Earth, and virgins in heaven for the martyr.

Makes one think.
          Think what? That they have the "right idea" for men?
          B♭3

Comment

This is so utterly screwed up that I don't really know what to say. I hadn't thought that Indian Muslims would be so far gone. I knew that terrorists were active and were recruiting, but this is too much.
            Aneeshm quit trolling or being so naive (whichever actually fits)
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Think what? That they have the "right idea" for men?
              Well, there are "certain" improvements offered by Islam to the Jihadist that are not offered to the Christian crusader. One can understand the allure to the hormone-enhanced young man.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Makes one think.
                Bull****, deary.

1) Urban II did not call for spreading religion by force or compulsory christianisation of anyone. He called for helping eastern christians persecuted by muslims, and for liberation of christianity's holiest place.

2) Charlemagne or even Urban II are of no significance for christianity... even for catholicism. Catholics can condemn warlike popes. Muslims can not condemn warlike Muhammad. Warlikeness was introduced to christianity a couple of centuries after it was started. Warlikeness was present from the beginning in islam in person of its prophet and immediate successors.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

Warlikeness was present from the beginning in humanity
                  Fixed.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and again You show your ignorance by that papal quote.
                    -not pope, but Manuel II Paleolog
                    -not "the only thing new in islam was spreading religion by force", but "the only new things in islam were things that were inhumane and evil, like spreading religion by force"

And your "examples" come after Muhammad anyway
                    Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Fixed.
                      True, but there are only two pseudo-warlike parts in New Testament:

1) Banning traders from The Temple
                      2) "Don't You think I came here to bring peace. I came here not to bring peace, but sword" - which is metaphoric
                      Middle East!

Comment

Political power was introduced to christianity a couple of centuries after it was started. Political power was present from the beginning in islam in person of its prophet and immediate successors.
                        Fixed.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Erm, anyone remember the plot to blow up a bunch of football stadiums here in the US? Same thing. And besides, an Indian Muslim speaking in l33t? Come on, give me a break...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

H, what about Sodom and Gehmorrah? Actually, a lot of the jihadists look to upon the West as a modern Sodom that Allah wants smitten to bring justice to humanity.

My reference to Urban II is correct. He did say that those who would fall in battle would enter Heaven.

And, you cannot deny that Karl der Grosse actively conquered to spread Christianity.

Comment

Political power doesn't have to be warlike. Take Byzantium, which considered itself christianity incarnated, which only defended its boarders or tried to regain control over the ones lost, and islam incarnated, which conquered half of civilised world
                              Middle East!

Comment

True, but there are only two pseudo-warlike parts in New Testament:

1) Banning traders from The Temple
                                2) "Don't You think I came here to bring peace. I came here not to bring peace, but sword" - which is metaphoric
                                I just think it's ignorant and stupid to bash a particular religion and pretend like another religion is without its history of violence. Humanity is violent. Religions are the product of humans.

And IMO, someone who is looking to live a good life and follow a truly (good) moral philosophy isn't going to believe in a religion with a violent history. The solution? Don't believe in any religion at all.

And that doesn't necessarily mean one has to abandon a belief in the divine. Religion and God aren't the same thing. As I said, religion is the product of humans.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X