Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Belgium has disolved! Dutch half has declared independance!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
    Haw, you people should get a sense of humor. You sound like, eh, germans. What I understood from that, the notion is as absurd, to people in Belgium, as Florida seceeding from the US would be for americans. Would you believe such news?
    <--- notice my location.

Btw, are you really trying to insinuate that the Belgians here don't have a sense of humour?!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
      The show itself was quite funny, but the RTBF are a bunch of *********. For instance, in preparation of the broadcast they organised a meeting with far-right politicans as well as moderate flamingants. Apparently, in all of their prejudice it didn't occur to the producers that this kind of meeting is typically unheard of.
      Not only that but the people involved (not just them) didn't quite know how it would be used either. I don't how you would cooporate with something, not knowing in what kind of format it will be used though.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢

I care for whatever that benefits Antwerp the most.
        Huh, doesn't Flanders equal Antwerp to start with anyway???

The dutch speaking belgians are what used to be the spanish netherlands, right? and the only differene between them and the dutch is that they are catholic, right?

But now that religion doesnt matter at all, why can they get together again?

And why cant the french speaking belgians just join france?

There's a bigger difference between us than no religion.
        What's the point of solving one problem to make another one?

Many in the south really wouldn't mind joining France.

So if Belgium splits, does that add two more "postage stamp-sized" nations to Europe's political landscape?

Gatekeeper

Nothing wrong with that.
        All under the umbrella of Europe.
        Personally, I'm all in favour of many small countries/regions, Less chance of one of them going rogue.

You're right. It's actually 3 countries, if you count the German part

Meh, no one here does.
        In fact, counting the German part, it's four in total (Brussels being number four). Complicated little ****hole we have...
        Off course, the reason it is this complicated in the first place, is to keep it all together. However, at some time, the patches won't be able to bare the weight.

Comment

I think this program got the idea from Poly trolling (sorry ducky).

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
            The chocolate goes to whoever doesn't get the waffles. And whichever side gets Brussels also has to take its nasty sprouts.
            When Belgium finally collapses, Brussels will become the first city to be under the direct rule of the EU
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

So why did northern Belgium go with Belgium instead of the Netherlands in the 19th century?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

When Belgium finally collapses, Brussels will become the first city to be under the direct rule of the EU
                Oh, Oh, could the EU handle having a Federal District? I don't think so. If the EU government had its own district it would create a constituency favoring greater centralization, something that a large portion of the member states aren't ready for yet.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Belgium is evil. It ought to be given to Poland as its access to the Northern Sea.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                    Belgium is evil. It ought to be given to Poland as its access to the Northern Sea.
                    The Polish Netherlands

Do you also want a corridor thru Germany to your new possesions, or the polish fleet is good enough ?
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

I'm afraid we need a corridor through Germany... in fact, we need entire Germany and we have to resettle Germans somewhere... France?

Of course, the fleet is another alternative, but surely we can not build our own, so we need to absorp a country with a strong fleet. Britain comes to my mind. Additionally, we must control the Straits, so Denmark must be polish as well, and at least Skania out of Sweden.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

What's the point, Belarus will take it all from you anyway
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Belgium
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            So why did northern Belgium go with Belgium instead of the Netherlands in the 19th century?
                            Because there never has been any such thing as a distinct northern Belgium until after the birth of Belgium? This like asking why Padania (northern Italy) went with Italy.

Again: http://en.wikipedia.org/
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                              If ya'll keep coming over as you do, it won't be long before the whole Europe is Polish.

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                                X