Homeland Security Strikes Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

It happened to me in France that the bank wouldn't open an account without an electricity bill, and the electricity company wouldn't give me electricity without a bank account.
    My electricity company sends me e-bills ... as does my phone company ... and my gas company ...

So when people ask for a utility bill, I ask, "Do you have a computer?"

They usually look at me funny
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
      Pekka, you don't get it. Everyone is already being fingerprinted and photographed on their way in
      No. Not at land borders. That's the whole point.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

No. Not at land borders. That's the whole point.
        Fair enough. But airport entries are still significant, especially the Chinese, Indians, and Filipinos.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Let me elaborate:

You've got two vehicles for immigration into the US: the land borders and air traffic.

Land borders are a giant headache. This is not about them.

But air traffic is brings in hoards of illegal immigrants who come in legally and then oversstay their welcome. We can't do much about the land border issue, but we can do something about this, and we're choosing not to.

And yes, of course this measure wouldn't solve all our immigration problems, or even the biggest of them. But it would solve a problem, and a not-insignificant one at that. I still can't believe they're just giving up on it.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Blaablaablaa too boring.

The arguments of You DON'T understand it is POSSIBLE, viable and reasonable to track _everyone_ ...

At this point I usually stop reading.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
            X