Real estate agent gives guns to homebuyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real estate agent gives guns to homebuyers

We're talking about quite an incentive plan now.
    A community populated with police officers armed with free Glocks?

Tue Dec 12, 8:34 AM ET

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas real estate agent looking to add more bang to her business is offering clients in law enforcement a free Glock pistol if they buy a home from her.

Julie Upton, a Houston-area real estate agent, spurned traditional buyer incentives like free gasoline cards or home improvement store gift certificates.

Instead, she placed an advertisement offering a pistol with the purchase of any home worth at least $150,000 in the city police department's monthly publication, "Badge & Gun."

The free guns are only for those in law enforcement, said Upton, who is married to a police officer.

"We thought it would be a good way to entice other police officers," Upton said. "And whether people want the gun or not, it has stirred up a lot of attention."

Upton has given away two pistols to police officers who purchased homes from her. The guns cost about $500.

And so far the advertisement has not generated negative attention from the anti-gun lobby, she said.

In Texas, no license is required to own a rifle, shotgun or handgun, but a permit is needed to carry a concealed weapon, according to the National Rifle Association.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

What is she, prejudiced against people who aren't LEOs?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I know. I want a free Glock.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

No doubt about it, I gotta get another hat.
        Last edited by SlowwHand; December 12, 2006, 16:10.

Comment

Texas.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What ^he^ said.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

At least it's police officers only. They already have guns already so does it really matter. Personally I'd like to have as many cops as possible living in my neighborhood. Preferably the county sheriffs that park their cars in their driveway.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There were definitely more posts in this thread the last time I looked

Sloww, I was in Fort Worth on work yesterday (flew in at noon, had a 1 hour meeting, flew out at 5), and I got a kick out of reading a sign at Le Madeleine's that said "No Concealed Weapons" or something.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  I know. I want a free Glock.
                  me too

but nothing less than a .40

9mm is for pussies
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

me too

but nothing less than a .40

9mm is for pussies
                    I don't think an HK MP5 SMG in 9mm would be bad.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.

Comment

.40 caliber never really got popular. I want a .50. I can open some holes with a .50 .

Comment

I don't think Glock makes a .50. I do see a .45 G.A.P., which I hadn't seen before. (Not that I keep up with weapon & ammo trends.) I think that's interesting, a .45 bullet in a smaller frame, because I don't have large hands.

Danny Vermin: I got something to stop him.
                        Dutch: They made it for him special. It's an 88 magnum.
                        Danny Vermin: It shoots through schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon

I don't think an HK MP5 SMG in 9mm would be bad.
                          I'll take something in a 5.56mm or 7.62mm thank you.

I'm kind of partial to the Colt M4 myself.

If we're talking HK, I'd take a G36K.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What does it say about the neighborhood that the realators are giving away hand guns? Maybe you should rethink this.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I'll take something in a 5.56mm or 7.62mm thank you.

I'm kind of partial to the Colt M4 myself.

If we're talking HK, I'd take a G36K.
                              OK, but those won't be as easy to carry around town.

Comment

Working...
                              X