X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordShiva
    eMule is better
    Personally, I prefer BitTorrent.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

eMule has more stuff but BitTorrent has fewer infected files, mislabled files, or just plan broken files. The problem with Torrents are that they are slow.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've gotten a lot of sustained 100kbps+ downloads through Azureus, and occasional good bursts into the 180-200kbps range.

I initially had a device driver problem with my wireless USB card (It had problems with all torrent clients, but the worst behavior with Azureus), but I just switched to wired LAN for torrent downloads.

I've gotten somewhere north of 70 GB of downloads in the last couple of months.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I get the same with uTorrent consistently, and it uses up almost no resources :P

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            God forbid I might have to buy a non-Apple PC in order to take full advantage of Microsoft's Windows OS, Apple's Boot Camp program aside.

Are you paying attention?

Microsoft doesn't make you buy a Microsoft computer to use Microsoft software. I'm not sure whose "fault" it was that Windows didn't run on Apple's hardware prior to the new generation, but Windows runs on any number of different hardware configurations built by any number of different companies. Apple does make you buy Apple hardware in order to either use the Mac OS or to use digital content you buy from their store.

It's just another example of Apple being a bunch of assmunches.
            The point I'm trying to make is that if you buy a company's product, doesn't it make sense that they're going to want you to use the aforementioned product and and services related to it?

I suppose, however, that the larger (and more important) question revolves around DRM, something that I think is going to be the wave of the future as "creative sources" use pirating as an excuse to crack down on just about all forms of entertainment media. Frankly, I don't know if I like the idea of that either, since I'm an "old-fashioned" consumer who gets all of his music on CDs and then goes from there. It would suck if, having bought a CD, I had to play it on, say, a Sony CD player in order for it to work.

Yet, using that same logic, no one forces folks to buy an iPod. There's Microsoft's Zune and a host of other options ... but don't they pretty much all use some sort of DRM? It seems that unless you buy a CD, you're somehow going to be caught by DRM technology.

On a distantly related note, oh, how I miss being able to buy physical singles. There's rarely an entire album that I enjoy, but there are always individual songs worth buying. I supposed that's where I might benefit from an MP3 player ...

Gatekeeper
            "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              I get the same with uTorrent consistently, and it uses up almost no resources :P
              uTorrent was more of a pain in the ass with my wireless setup. Not as bad as Azureus, but much less stable than BitTorrent.

Once I moved to wire, I found Azureus slightly faster - I have connectivity issues from being in an old house and having marginal DSL conditions and relatively high noise on cable.

And I don't have to worry about resources.

Comment

Neither do I. On the other hand, I don't get connectivity issues because I'm on university ethernet

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Personally, I prefer BitTorrent.
                    BitTorrent is good for movies and larger applications, but for house music albums, livesets, etc. and the odd serial/crack or whatever, it can't beat eMule. Besides, it doesn't sort of rhyme with eMusic, which is what I was going for there
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I have no problems easily converting iTunes files to non-drm mp3's ... it's a mite slower than just using them directly, but it's not that hard...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X