No announcement yet.

iTunes sales "collapsing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asher, I suspect you'd come across as less hostile to apple if you had titled this thread "DRM sales collapsing". Titling it "iTunes sales collapsing" indicated you're focusing on the usual Apple troll...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If people aren't going to pay directly for digitally created content, they should divert money from hardware of all types to content-creators instead. As well as from 'enabling' and pipeline sites and software. At a REALISTIC price level.
      Just like the 'tax' on burnable CDs.

I've never understood the iTunes business model. Hope for Good Samaritans? People giving money to you out of charity? Strong Christian values or something?

Why would people pay money for something they can easily get for free??

Then question has now been answered: An overwhelming majority, despite PR efforts and stupid law-enforcement efforts, WON'T.

So if the topic is about the 'digital downloading industry' the answer is that that that industry will consist of pipeline-owners and content-enablers (like you-tube etc) rather than dinosaurs like iTunes. There won't BE a digital downloadings industry, nor should there be. There are other ways for content-creators (of ALL digital content) to get money, but they have to wake up and realize that the days of multi-billion profits are coming to an end, within the decade I suspect.
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Perhaps it's a coincidence that my title matches the article's title that the thread is to discuss...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I thought you were just spouting random stuff and we were doing a sort of gestalt stream of consciousness thing?
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Since when was that the point of the thread.

Let's be honest. This thread has no point...

Anyway, I'd like to get a new iPod, but my four-year old iPod still works so well that I can't justify the expense. Making their product this durable and problem-free just shows that Asher has been right all along about Apple's lack of business-sense...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Perhaps it's a coincidence that my title matches the article's title that the thread is to discuss...
              Not with your history.
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Oh, for ****'s sake. Asher posted an interesting article. Take it at face value. Is this the end of DRM music? Are proprietary file formats a dead idea?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Do I get a bread machine if I buy their music?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It's like the Euros don't even know when the bootheel's on the back of their neck.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

[q=KH]It's like the Euro Execs don't even know when the bootheel's on the back of their neck.[/q]

Corrected. Free music
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Oh, for ****'s sake. Asher posted an interesting article. Take it at face value. Is this the end of DRM music? Are proprietary file formats a dead idea?
                        But it's Asher and these guys all have a hard on for him...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          At a dollar a download they were always dying. This is just an early indicator of that fact.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think it's more an indication of market saturation.

The initial "success" was based on everybody filling out their digital libraries... now, most people that have players and that who are willing to actually buy music, already have the music they want, and are downloading far more selectively.

This coupled with the availablity of pirated music does not bode well for the future of this delivery channel
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I see a lot of prejudice here against Asher. Those involved should be ashamed.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                                I think it's more an indication of market saturation.

The initial "success" was based on everybody filling out their digital libraries... now, most people that have players and that who are willing to actually buy music, already have the music they want, and are downloading far more selectively.
                                Agreed. And given the huge amount of crap being released...

Comment

Working...
                                X