No announcement yet.

iTunes sales "collapsing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh. They hid it in the "about" section...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

@KrazyHorse

If you want, you can send me a small list of songs and I can search it over eMusic. And i'll post you the results.

That way, you'll don't need to subscribe.
      bleh

Comment

... you already found it!
        bleh

Comment

YAYYYYYYY!!!!

Happy happy joy joy!!!!!
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Music bought on iTunes can be played on 5 computers.

But not on my non-Apple mp3 player. And only if I use iTunes.
              God forbid I might have to buy a non-Apple PC in order to take full advantage of Microsoft's Windows OS, Apple's Boot Camp program aside.

It's true that Apple's iTunes dominates the music market, but then Windows still dominates the OS market. I can only assume that the same folks who rail against Apple's music dominance would also rail against Microsoft's OS dominance? Or do they practice select railing?

Heh. Anything that gets too big can be a problem, IMO. I don't think Apple would sweat too much if its music marketshare went to 50 to 60 percent. Then again, I'm not an Apple stockholder, either!

Gatekeeper
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                My favorite line in the piece...

Forrester is admitting their research was crap... and that the media were morons for the way they reported the story...
                Meanwhile, Asher is nowhere to be found
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

God forbid I might have to buy a non-Apple PC in order to take full advantage of Microsoft's Windows OS, Apple's Boot Camp program aside.

Are you paying attention?

Microsoft doesn't make you buy a Microsoft computer to use Microsoft software. I'm not sure whose "fault" it was that Windows didn't run on Apple's hardware prior to the new generation, but Windows runs on any number of different hardware configurations built by any number of different companies. Apple does make you buy Apple hardware in order to either use the Mac OS or to use digital content you buy from their store.

It's just another example of Apple being a bunch of assmunches.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Meanwhile, Asher is nowhere to be found
                    THEY silenced him!
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm too busy fixing things.

I'm not surprised an analyst has crap research.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

1. Music bought on iTunes can be played on 5 computers.
                        2. A full CD costs $10 to download.
                        The average number of songs on a CD is 15. At $1 per song that equals $15. Most CDs, with jewel case and accompanying literature, can be purchased for between $6 to $15 online and shipping costs are waved with a minimium purchase amount (typically the cost of two CDs). It is clear that Itunes does indeed cost more and provide less though I did not know that you could now play Itunes sones on 5 different computers.

Previously you could only play them on your Ipod or one computer. The good things about buying the CD is 1) you get a real CD with jewel case and literature 2) You can easily burn it or rip it into what ever format you please and those files have absolutely no restriction on usage 3) it costs less then itunes.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          I'm too busy fixing things.

I'm not surprised an analyst has crap research.
                          Dammit! Stop making me look like an idiot whenever I post.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

eMusic is a fantastic service.

SP
                            I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

eMule is better
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

I don't get this.

3.2% of online households make up 60% of the population?
                                And now you know why kids can't handle the complexities and responsibilities of adult life.

Online households are a subset consisting of 60% of the population. The other 40% of the population ain't online, hence they're not in the potential marketplace at all.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X