Yay America!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

Russia, Canada, and China are all larger.

USA: 9,631,418 SQ KM
    China: 9,590,000 SQ KM
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
      For Sloww, KM is kilometer. It's the rest of the worlds way to calculate distance. 1.6 kilometer equals 1 mile.

SQ means square.

Spec.
      So, Spec, you're saying there are 1.6 square kilometers in a square mile?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Careful Spec, he's trying to triiiiiiiick you.

Comment

Me? No... I'm an American and could never muster the intellect to trick a Canadian. It's an honest inquiry, I swear.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

He's a French Canadian. You could trick him by shining a flashlight on the wall and watching him jump at it.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oooooh! Ooooooh! Ooooooh! Pretty light! Pretty!
              What?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Russia: ~17,000,000 SQ KM
                  Canada: 9,976,140 SQ KM
                  It's actually a little tricky depending on whether you count inland water, count Tawain as part of China etc. I'm used to the order above and think it is most relevant, but you can argue for US being 4th behind China or even 2nd after Russia, depending on critiera.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Yay America!

Originally posted by Flubber

While that is definitely true, My experience is that there are more Americans with very little knowledge of things outside their country than what you would find in most other western countries.

Its the somewhat insular viewpoint. I actually don't blame the people so much. Watch the Canadian or British news and compare the international content with that you get on the American network news.
                    that's because nothing noteworthy happens in their boring crime free countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

So, Spec, you're saying there are 1.6 square kilometers in a square mile?
                      Dont even try.

And, its an honest inquiry , should'nt it be written as follows? Hey maybe its my chance of correcting someone elses grammar.

So, Spec, you're saying there is 1.6 square kilometer in a square mile?
                      Spec.
                      Last edited by Spec; December 11, 2006, 19:47.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                        Me? No... I'm an American and could never muster the intellect to trick a Canadian.
                        sigh...and I thought you were the exception...

It's an honest inquiry, I swear.
                        Of course it is.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Well, you could get this kind of clip in any country, that's for sure.

However, in the US, you don't hear so much about the other countries, as in when we were on a month long road trip few years ago, when we came back it was like 'so what's happened during all this time?'. BEcause all the news are about .. what's happening INSIDE the US.

Even meaningless stuff.

So there really is no focus to the world in the same manner that many other western country's do when it comes to regular media (excluding the internet).

And there is quite a lot happening in the US, so we were sucked into it as in we didn't kind of even care what happened in for example Europe. We didn't even know what was happening in the East Coast.

Is it a bad thing? Who knows, there's always the internet, so it'snot like you don't have a chance to read all the news you want to.

Also, most people do not know RUssia is the biggest country. So, an intuitive guess is most of the times China.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

when I was a kid it was the USSR. . I used to love looking through atlases and stuff when I was younger. Yeah I'm a geek, I know. I should have been looking up girls dresses perhaps.

In fact, I don't have any up to date atlases. They still show it as USSR. Although the way things are going, they may reform. .

· Russia seizes control of world's biggest liquefied gas project · Shell forced to give up controlling stake after pressure from Kremlin

Comment

America: **** Yeah.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                                Russia: ~17,000,000 SQ KM
                                Canada: 9,976,140 SQ KM
                                Russia, only until China decides to claim Siberia.

Comment

Working...
                                X