can you explain to me, what is:
    6:6:6:6 color mode?

tx
    bleh

:6 more than the devil himself.
    B♭3

Comment

That's why he called for Asher.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've never heard of that, but my guess is that it means four colour channels, six bits of depth each. Depending on what you're working with, that's probably either an RGBA or CMYK colour space.
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

10 POKE 53281,1: POKE 53280,0
          20 POKE 53281,0: POKE 53280,1
          30 Goto 10
          Run

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Mine were always If, Then, Goto, Loop.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Asher, come here

Originally posted by cronos_qc
              hey Ash, or anybody else,

can you explain to me, what is:
              6:6:6:6 color mode?

tx
              This is a color mode the Gamecube/Wii use all the time, which is why there's some big problems with color banding.

It means 6 bits for red, 6 bits for green, 6 bits for blue, and 6 bits for alpha blending (ex, transparency effects).

This is due to the Gamecube and Wii's maximum color depth of 24-bits, compared to 32-bits as standard on the PC world for years.

The new GPUs in the PS3 and Xbox 360 (and PC) support modes such as 16:16:16:16 and 32:32:32:32, though there's a performance hit for such high precision.

As a sidenote, the Xbox 360 has a unique color mode of 10:10:10:2 which is used to achieve high dynamic range lighting (HDR) without having to use 16:16:16:16 and a performance hit, like what other graphics chips have to do.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Did you get this from reading threads on Beyond3D? If you want to know you can ask there. As long as you're genuine you'll get really nice explanations from people there.

Just don't start a thread like "Why is the 360 better than theWii????" or something ridiculous like that.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This is a color mode the Gamecube/Wii use all the time, which is why there's some big problems with color banding.

Comment

My brother is buying a Wii today. I hope my xbox360 has more impressive color now.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      Why do you laugh? It's very true.

Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or bother people with better eyes.

In fact the reason why I think he asked this was somebody was talking about the Wii's 6:6:6:6 color mode as a reason for banding in Zelda on B3D.

Comment

Here's a more detailed explanation, including commentary from Gamecube/Wii developers: http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26895

Comment

Do I get to claim "own goal" by now? I am not entirely familiar with the CG rules...

Comment

No...

Comment

WTF is CG?
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X