No announcement yet.

Senate Report: Gore Lies, Media Biased, Advocates Misrepresent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As industrialization spreads, aerosol production dramatically increases. This suggests that the real problem we might be facing is global cooling and that carbon dioxide might be helping to delay global cooling.

The more we learn, the more we also learn that we do not fully understand how the climate works and that former assumptions and models are inadequate to provide reliable predictions.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
      We're forcing the global climate in one direction pretty hard. I don't know what it's going to do. Climatology is a young enough science that I don't trust them to tell me what it's going to do either.

I do know that in the absence of data I encourage caution. I think it's a good idea to attempt to reduce greenhouse gas emissions at as low a cost as possible. I don't know if Kyoto is a good way to do it or not. I certainly think that encouraging increased energy efficiency is a good idea.
      You might be right. But as I just noted, the real problem may be global cooling, not warming.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
        As industrialization spreads, aerosol production dramatically increases. This suggests that the real problem we might be facing is global cooling and that carbon dioxide might be helping to delay global cooling.
        Actually, the data suggests that global levels of atmospheric particulate density are on the decline. Modern industrial methods are much cleaner than those of previous eras...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The problem with increasing particulate matter in the air, Ned, is that things that breathe air don't deal to well with it. In the short term, solar shades might be a much better idea.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Over the last four decades, scientists have observed a 1.3% per decade decline in the amount of sun reaching the Earth's surface. This phenomenon, coined "solar dimming" or "global dimming," is due to changes in clouds and air pollution that are impeding the suns ability to penetrate. Scientists believe that the combination of growing quantities of man-made aerosol particles in the atmosphere and more moisture are causing the cloud cover to thicken.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              The problem with increasing particulate matter in the air, Ned, is that things that breathe air don't deal to well with it. In the short term, solar shades might be a much better idea.
              The Chinese may increase aerosol pollution without your consent regardless of whether it is hard to breathe. Communism creates "good" polution.

Comment

The atmosphere, Ned, is part of the Earth. Just because the light doesn't reach the Earth's surface doesn't mean is isn't heating the atmosphere.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  Communism creates "good" polution.
                  Try not to be obtuse, Ned. This was a half-way intelligent conversation up to this sentence, all contributions by Spink aside.

Comment

Hmmm...data seems less complete on that than I thought.

There seems to be conflicting opinions on particulate density.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Che, OK.

Comment

• Climate Change is a threat and is being addressed.

Those individuals who have ignored it for past four decades are irrelevant, and will be treated as such.

Comment

• Who the **** are you?
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• A chieftain from 2001. Somebody has a long memory for DLs
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              We're forcing the global climate in one direction pretty hard. I don't know what it's going to do. Climatology is a young enough science that I don't trust them to tell me what it's going to do either.

I do know that in the absence of data I encourage caution. I think it's a good idea to attempt to reduce greenhouse gas emissions at as low a cost as possible. I don't know if Kyoto is a good way to do it or not. I certainly think that encouraging increased energy efficiency is a good idea.
                              That's a good point and I agree.
                              It's true that at this point our knowledge is still very incomplete, but the cautious thing to do is to minimize our impact.

Comment

• Ah, good polution from commie land east:

Berlin (AFP) – The German FA’s (DFB) inquiry into the 2006 World Cup scandal is set to cost around 3.5 million euros ($3.83m), interim

Beijing residents have been warned to stay indoors as the city's pollution index hit its highest level amid the worst conditions since coal-fired power plants kicked into gear for winter.
                                Every monitoring station in Beijing's urban districts recorded levels of particulates seven times higher than the safety standard, the Beijing environmental protection bureau said.

Sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide levels, emitted by coal furnaces and cars, were also several times over standards, it said.

"The city environmental protection bureau is alerting citizens to reduce outside activities under such conditions. Frail people or those sensitive to pollution should take measures to protect themselves," it said.

The pollution levels were the worst in the capital since the winter heating season began in early November, when the city fired up its nearly 6,000 coal-fired furnaces, it said.

A heavy layer of fog covering much of northern China was resulting in the pollutants accumulating in the capital, which is also home to 2.8 million cars, one of the city's other main sources of air pollution.

In the run up to the 2008 Olympic Games, Beijing has vowed to clean up its air and this year set a goal of 238 "blue sky days," or days with only light pollution.

As of Tuesday, the city needed eight more to reach the annual goal, the bureau said. But official "blue sky days" are often hazy affairs with heavy pollution.

(If we really want to address GW, we ought to tell the Commies that they ought to keep up the good work and do nothing about cleaning up their coal plants.)

Comment

Working...
                                X