No announcement yet.

London Had A Tornado Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" was the low end of the snowfall. Some areas much higher.

Even 18" in a 17 hour period is pretty extreme.

Also keep in mind London's usual snow removal policy - let it melt.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
      18" was the low end of the snowfall. Some areas much higher.

Even 18" in a 17 hour period is pretty extreme.

Also keep in mind London's usual snow removal policy - let it melt.
      It is extreme, but Canada is synonymous with snow. It just seems they would be able to handle it.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
        We get more tornadoes than anywhere else in the world in fact.
        The United States gets half of all the world's tornadoes, so I'm going to have to dispute that statement of yours.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          Oh, I've never been in a tornado or even seen one in real life, but ever since I was a little kid, I've had nightmares about them.

Probably 3 times a year.

ACK!
          I've seen three. When I lived in the Midwest, I had a tornado nightmare every spring as things began to thaw. Since I moved to Florida, I don't have them anymore, which is odd, since Florida is the state that gets the most tornadoes after Texas. Course ours are generally small and weak.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

The United States gets half of all the world's tornadoes, so I'm going to have to dispute that statement of yours.
            I know nothing about it, but it could be a statistic based on a ratio relating to the size of the region in question.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

actually the fact is mikeh never came to grips with the fact the US won the revolutionary war
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I know nothing about it, but it could be a statistic based on a ratio relating to the size of the region in question.

That's exactly right from what I 've read.

Me I missed this by a half a day.

But there you go.

£20 million worth of damage.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Edit - ignore me, I ignored everyone else afterall....
                  Last edited by Dauphin; December 9, 2006, 18:41.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Wrong side of the city I am afraid...
                    I managed to on the right side of Evansville to be only a couple hundred yards from where a F3 tornado hit hear about a year ago. Slept right through it, though.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

jesus, I woke up shouting when my housemate asked me to flip the breaker last night (the breaker box is in my room). I can only imagine what a tornado would do
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

It is extreme, but Canada is synonymous with snow. It just seems they would be able to handle it.

ACK!
                        London, Ontario (or any other city in the Toronto region) is pussified when it comes to winters.

Montreal gets 18" snowfalls on a regular basis.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

and you guys still go to work, dont ya? I am actually happy to report I got paid for that day I missed due to snow.

Comment

Tornadoes in Britain are normally weak and rarely cause damage. Local resident Daniel Bidgood was in his house when the tornado, which he said was about 20 metres across, smashed his windows.

"It was very large and certainly very powerful," he told BBC television.
                            20 meters? How big is an F5 Slow? A mile or more? I think it was an F5 that came thru Topeka and hit Washburn U back in '66. There was an Indian chief from around the 1870s who said Topeka would not get hit because a small hill SSW of the city was blessed or something. I think they bulldozed the top of the hill and put a water tower there a few years before the tornado hit.

If these things aren't the scariest things this side of Hell, I don't know what is.
                            Aint it the truth... And the ones at night are the scariest. I lived in earthquake country and lived thru several good ones but they never bothered me unless I was under something like an overpass. But tornados are awesome, ironically the closest I ever came to one that I know about was in LA. A tornado took the roof off a warehouse a block away from us in Anaheim about 4:30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Exactly, we get the most tornados per square mile anywhere on the Globe...the USA is huge, getting loads more tornados than us is easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X