Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the optimum human population of the Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the optimum human population of the Earth?

If humanity sets as its goals enough recources for everyone to have enough and to explore the final frontier, space, what would be the optimum population of the Earth?

Basicly if we ever get control of population, what should it be?

I think maybe 500 million. Enough to have a few large cities on some continents but also few enough that some continents could be abandoned by mankind and left to the other creatures. Maybe africa and south america free of people.

Enough population to maintain robot production facilities and scientific advancement dedicated to having a look around the universe as well as looking after the aged and sick, providing entertainment, food production...

(Scuse, Dolores just brought me my breakfast)
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Zero.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Blah

Comment

Myself and the best woman in the world
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's not very many B3.

42, hmm, that's the answer to the meaning of life, more people might be needed to find thye question.

Comment

Spif, she's mine and you can't have her.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Just one woman? So easily satisfied
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: What's the optimum human population of the Earth?

Originally posted by Spiffor

why not all 3 billion?

Comment

Datajack and The Dutch army
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

What do we have now - 6,5 billion or so? Dunno about the optimum. But I arbitrarily throw 3-4 billion into the arena.
                    Blah

Comment

Re: Re: What's the optimum human population of the Earth?

Originally posted by Whoha

why not all 3 billion?
                      Well, some of them are fat. Then there's the overage and underage. And the ugly ones.

I estimate that maybe 0.5% of all women are absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Subtract the ones with diseases and bad hygiene, so say you're left with 10 million?

So, the optimum number is 10,000,001
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I could live with 10 mio women, but what do you guys do then?
                        Blah

Comment

Re: What's the optimum human population of the Earth?

Originally posted by Lancer
                          Maybe africa and south america free of people.
                          I'd like to begin by accusing you of racism and see where things go from there, just for the hell of it.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

100 billion.

You can never have enough scientists, writers and darwin award winners.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

6.5 billion.

Comment

Working...
                              X