No announcement yet.

Brilliant response to the sanctimonious Bono

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, 'most people I know' does not mean 'I know most people'.

And, yes, it's what I get for hanging around people with a predominantly university or higher level of education.
    Last edited by Dauphin; December 7, 2006, 17:00.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

party pooper with no sense of humor.
      Dis is what I'm talking about.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

In general people are pretty gullible.

The people that post here are probably well above the curve when it comes using a little common sense about legends and scams.

Not all, but most.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
          In general people are pretty gullible.

The people that post here are probably well above the curve when it comes using a little common sense about legends and scams.

Not all, but most.
          I was just about to post something related to that. Sometimes I really wonder if that's the case. Why would Apolyton attract a smarter crowd? Or do the stupid Apolytoners just not post, seeing how massively intelligent the rest of us are?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

because a civ game attracts a smarter type of player. One willing to slow down and look at the facts in front of him before proceeding vs. a shooter type player.

but we still have our trolls. Long live trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              because a civ game attracts a smarter type of player. One willing to slow down and look at the facts in front of him before proceeding vs. a shooter type player.

but we still have our trolls. Long live trolls.
              This does not explain CivFanatics.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

haven't posted there much. though I did finally create a user name and did make one post in off topic. And I wasn't called a DL!!

Comment

And consider general demographics for PC literate users that can read and write. As a whole they're on the higher end of the scale. Most of the time anyway.

In market research this causes a real problem with electronic surveys. Weighting responses to make it similar to the total population is always argued since nobody on the real low end ever participates.

This was similar when phone surveys were being used for the first time. The demographics for people with phones trended towards the more wealthy.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

I was just about to post something related to that. Sometimes I really wonder if that's the case. Why would Apolyton attract a smarter crowd? Or do the stupid Apolytoners just not post, seeing how massively intelligent the rest of us are?
                    Isn't this a dangling particle?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The snopes link doesn't disprove anything....

Mind you, I'd love it if Jimmy Carr was proven to have stolen his jokes from a random concert-goer in Glasgow.

Comment

The support link can't disprove anything. You can't prove a negative.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Isn't this a dangling particle?
                            Couldn't possibly be. I mean, I make my money as a technical writer. I want to be a novelist. I correct other people's grammar errors on this very board! Do you have any idea how embarrassing it would be for me to make a grammar error of my own? I could never do it.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                              Couldn't possibly be.
                              Is this sentence strictly correct? It looks short of a pronoun to me.

Comment

Perhaps it's not! Tell me if there are any other grammar errors you can think of.

Comment

Working...
                                X