The ridiculousness of Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ridiculousness of Obama

Here's a gushing piece about Obama by Howard Kurtz that made me chuckle. It spends lots of time trashing the self-styled centrist Hillary.

I didn't get into journalism to write about Brett Favre's private parts, and I suspect most of my colleagues would like that story ruled out of bounds. But our ability to spike such tawdry tales ended many seasons ago.

If the Dems overall think that Obama is electable in the general election, they are seriously detached from reality. Who is going to vote for a "real progressive?" There ain't no votes there!

Hey, maybe the Dems ought to nominate the lightweight instead: John Edwards.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Obama! He'll keep Hillary out of the race and the White House in GOP hands...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought it was great to hear that Obama was suckling with George Soros the other night. Can't wait to see the reaction of middle America to the MoveOn party line.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

When Obama loses in 2008, it will put the DLC in control of the Dems for the next decade.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

and current Sen. (and rock star) Barack Obama
          ?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Two words: Mass Seppuku

Comment

Kos thinks Obama is the frontrunner...

Daily Kos is a progressive news site that fights for democracy by giving our audience information and resources to win elections and impact government. Our coverage is assiduously factual, ethical, and unapologetically liberal. We amplify what we think is important, with the proper context—not just what is happening, but how it's happening and why people should care. We give you news you can do something about.

Meanwhile, Kaus doesn't really understand why losing the first three primaries will put Obama in the driver's seat...

Is it possible those British press reports are completely wrong about the bugging of Ted Forstmann and Diana? (See below.)  Thursday's publication of t ...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Here's a gushing piece about Obama by Howard Kurtz that made me chuckle. It spends lots of time trashing the self-styled centrist Hillary.

If the Dems overall think that Obama is electable in the general election, they are seriously detached from reality. Who is going to vote for a "real progressive?" There ain't no votes there!
                There isn't much daylight between Hillary's and Obama's voting records, and Obama's positioning himself as someone who can better bridge the divide between the parties (relative to Hillary). See his buddying up with Lugar (on non-proliferation), Coburn (transparency), Brownback (Darfur), etc., or really any of his speeches (going all the way back to the DNC Convention speech about a purple America). Or see his sky-high favorables.

As for Obama's (or Hillary's) positions, I'm not sure which ones are supposed to be radioactive to the electorate. And of course the actual issues are pretty irrelevant to winning the Presidency, compared to the ability to articulate an underlying moral basis for said positions (see Reagan). If the election were only about the issues, the Republicans would be pretty ****ed regardless of whom the Dems nominate.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Apparently Obama finds Kos to be uninteresting...

"One good test as to whether folks are doing interesting work is, Can they surprise me?” he tells me. “And increasingly, when I read Daily Kos, it doesn’t surprise me. It’s all just exactly what I would expect."

The junior senator from Illinois might take the country to a place it’s never been, past the baby boom, beyond race. To many Democrats, and even a lot of Republicans, the prospect is thrilling—but is it for real?

He's exactly right, of course. The fact that it took him this long to notice makes me question his intelligence, however...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

You guys aren't going to elect a black president in my lifetime.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Obama is one character away from Osama -- unelectable.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Honestly, it's hard to see the Republicans win at this point. If McCain gets the nomination, there's probably going to be a significant Tancredist third party denouncing him for supporting "amnesty." If Guilliani gets the nomination (fat chance), ditto for civil unions and abortion, and he's going to be excoriated by charges of corruption (see Bernie Kerik). If Romney gets the nomination, a good chunk of his base isn't going to vote for him since he's Mormon. If someone like Newt or Brownback somehow gets the nomination, there's going to be a landslide of absurd proportions. And hanging over all their heads is Dear Leader. This is going to be sweet to watch.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

I'd vote for Colin Powell.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Obama is one character away from Osama -- unelectable.
                            And his middle name is Hussein.
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Honestly, it's hard to see the Republicans win at this point.

Well, if it helps you sleep at night...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X