Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left a brown stain on the air, did ya?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I hate it when you have a lot of gas on an airplane. And that always seems to be the time when you have a lot of gas.

Comment

Think about it Dis, as to why it would be that way. It's not that difficult to figure out.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
          How did she get the idea that lighting a match covers the smell of flatulence anyway? IMO the combination just makes it worse...
          Have you ever tried it?

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            I hate it when you have a lot of gas on an airplane. And that always seems to be the time when you have a lot of gas.
            The decreased cabin pressure makes the gases expand
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I was riding a BA flight from Orlando to London some years ago.

In front of me was a superfat American, who were so big that he needed two seats to fit in. And the back of his chair(s) could not support his weight, so it ended up almost in my lap. And he was farting real stinkers the whole trip.

Then beside me was a 19-year old girl, who were moving to England for studies. We entered a really violent turbulence area, so bad that the captain had to calm the passengers down by saying "The plane was built to take twice the strain". (As if that would make people feel better). And the girl was airsick and started to puke. After she filled one airsick bag, she asked for mine.

So there I sat, with the farting 200 kg front neighbour's backrest in my lap, and the puking teen to my right, trying to hold my whiskey steady in the turbulence and enjoying the ride.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

The decreased cabin pressure makes the gases expand
                not sure I believe you. We need scientific studies on the subject. . I would imagine the pressures of the intestines would remain static no matter what the outside pressure is.

Comment

I'm sure there is a physiological response as well. If I remember correctly (and it could be urban legend) the lower cabin pressure tends to make people sleepy and thus more relaxed.

More relaxed means leaving a nice juicy one fly every so often.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

not sure I believe you. We need scientific studies on the subject. . I would imagine the pressures of the intestines would remain static no matter what the outside pressure is.
                    Did you ever fly? Just like the gas in your ears expands to adjust for the pressure, the gas in your intestines expands and needs to get out. And if you have a cold and your sinuses get clogged, it could be really painful.

Weren't you on a sub in the navy?

Comment

surface. and I have did plenty of flying. from Kuwait and Bahrain all the way to Las Vegas.

I never had a lot of sinus problems (I hardly ever do), but I do sometimes have ear pressure problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X