No announcement yet.

Are you stuck up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately people do sometimes take reserve the wrong way, and can consider it rude, or aloof.

However, I didn't think Americans did shyness - I was under the impression that this was a British vice.

Comment

That Hobbes quote discounts the reality that most people are total morons. It may not be a lack of intelligence, but some people are habitually ignorant.

I voted "No," though, because I tend to work very well with morons. Letting people think what they want to think is a way to be nice to idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        Unfortunately people do sometimes take reserve the wrong way, and can consider it rude, or aloof.

However, I didn't think Americans did shyness - I was under the impression that this was a British vice.
        are you saying americans are all rude *******s? well, most of them are.

Comment

Not at all, Dis. You misunderstood.

Comment

Well, I'm a gay man who doesn't want his "gay card" revoked! ... so, yes - I do have my standards on how I act, how I live, and who/what I surround myself with.

Do some people equate that with being stuck-up? Sure.

Do I equate myself as being stuck-up? Of course not (I also try to maintain a "modest personality") - but others might see it a bit differently.

EDIT: To clarify and in response to the poll question: I picked "yes" by the way.

Comment

I have no intelligence standards for my friends. My one friend failed her driving test. . I don't think any less of her. She's a very sweet girl. And I'm not being biased. guy friends I've had weren't too bright either. My only qualification for being my friend is that they like me. .

but anyways. I'm too stuck up to post anymore in this kind of thread.

Comment

Sounds like their problem.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I have no qualifications for friends, either, but all of my friends are massively intelligent. Not as intelligent as I am, mind you, but still pretty smart. I'm sure some day I'll meet someone who can match my mindblowing intellect. *shrug*
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I have been informed that occasionally, my defensive cockiness shows up and gets misinterpreted as arrogance.

Unfortunately, I also apparently get phenomenally arrogant when I speak of something within my core competencies, inside my areas of expertise. Or so I've been told.

I think the only reason why it seems as if I'm arrogant is because I'm right, and they're too damn proud to admit it.
                    B♭3

Comment

I hear you. That's where I get in trouble. Is when I'm talking in my area of expertise, and I know I'm right.

And I hate it when my boss gives me suggestions how to fix something, and I know he's wrong. But I do it anyways just to humor him. It's annoying when you know more than your bosses.

Comment

stuck up? a little, I guess. No one has ever accussed me of it though... I mean, come on... I'm not Asher!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X