Are you stuck up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you stuck up?

some people at work seemed to imply I was stuck up. I'm kind of taken aback by this. As I don't consider myself that way. But perhaps I am giving that impression. Some seem to indicate that fact that I don't talk much. They seem to think that I won't talk to them because I think I'm superior to them. When I think the opposite. I figure they wouldn't want to talk to someone like me. Other times people see the fact that I want to help people with their jobs as me being stuck up. Perhaps they get the impression that I think they can't do their job without my help. I just like helping people.

But then I started thinking. Maybe I am stuck up. This comes from working a job I'm overqualified for. I'm easily the best employee the company has. That statement looks bad, I know . But it's the truth. Despite this, I don't see myself as superior to others. I can't do the job by myself. It's a team effort.

Oh well, most people seem to like me. Only a few people don't seem to like me. I guess I can't please everybody. I'm just one of those people that can't stand having people hate or dislike them. I don't care if they like me, I just don't like the hating me.
    yes
    31.58%
    no
    57.89%
    my banana is
    10.53%

Shy or reserved can be viewed as "stuck up". **** 'em.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I sometimes come across to people as thinking I'm Asher, er, thinking they are morons and don't know what they're doing.

I try to confine that reaction only to the morons who don't know what they are doing, however.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        I sometimes come across to people as thinking I'm Asher, er, thinking they are morons and don't know what they're doing.

I try to confine that reaction only to the morons who don't know what they are doing, however.
        In my experience, that's 99.99% of the population.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I know
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Intelligence is the most equally distributed of all human traits, and there is no better proof of this than that everyone is pleased with its share. (Hobbes)
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Dis, define the criteria of what you mean by "stuck up" a little more please.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes, I am stuck up. Because as much as I suck, which is quite a lot, other people suck more

(See the poster after me, for example)
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

...More than you are, scum
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Absolutely, and I'm damned proud of it.
                    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

How dare you ask such a question of me! Humph.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Guess.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Dis? WTF is a Dis anyway?
                          What?

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                            Intelligence is the most equally distributed of all human traits, and there is no better proof of this than that everyone is pleased with its share. (Hobbes)

Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius.
                            Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you?
                            Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Reminds me of someone
                              Last edited by Nostromo; December 5, 2006, 16:09.
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X