No announcement yet.

The post-something-nice-about-Russia-thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not something I consider good. The americans should have gotten there first.

Perhaps it saved lives though. But as I said before, many women were raped.

Comment

Doestoyevsky
      paranoid Pole claiming to be Russian

Genndy Tartakovsky
      true

Stopping the Nazis
      after having started the war together with them and collaborating with them, killing millions of your own citizens due to military idiotism, and then destroying entire eastern Europe (Soviet soldiers making bon fires out of priceless baroque altars etc, Soviet soldiers stealing whatever they could) and raping millions of women, after which enslaving half of Europe.
      ANd they would have fallen miserably without western help anyway

Kasparov
      as it was already said, he is armenian&jewish

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      You know that this pic was corrected? Oryginally, there was a couple of watches on that soldier's arm...

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Kollantai
      wtf is he? His surname sounds polish, btw

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Stolichnaya, Moscovskaya, Zubrovka.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

as it was already said, he is armenian&jewish
        So you agree that the Jews of Russia were a distinct nationality?
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Have I ever put that in question?
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
            Communism

Russia's rich and interesting history
            Russia's rich and interesting history is mostly shameless conquest of weaker neighbours, persecutions of various sorts + tyranny
            Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

and then destroying entire eastern Europe (Soviet soldiers making bon fires out of priceless baroque altars etc, Soviet soldiers stealing whatever they could) and raping millions of women,

Conquering armies have a way of misbehaving.

Anshel Reis writes in his work “The Rebirth of the Eastern Galician Jews of Poland” (pp. 110-111), that in a memorial to the Polish government on January 1, 1919 the “Jewish Rescue Committee” of Lemberg asserted that a detailed investigation proved that before, during, and after the pogrom 72 Jewish victims died and 443 Jews were injured, among them 71 children. 100 Torah scrolls were burned and desecrated. The Committee also conducted an investigation of the material damage, estimated at 102,986,839 Austrian Crowns, as follows: cash—over 11,000,000 Crowns; valuables and papers—6,442,980 Crowns; stolen clothes, furniture, linens—22,616,864 Crowns; looted and destroyed merchandise—over 55,000,000 Crowns; burned and wrecked machines and workshop equipment—over 1,000,000 Crowns; burnt and destroyed houses—6,591,298 Crowns.

--------------------------

"It was alleged that Jews threw boiling water from the windows at Polish soldiers, that they spied for the Bolsheviks, that Jews snitched or that they were responsible for military defeats. The agitated military and civilian masses took out their anger on the Jews, hundreds of innocent victims died, thousands were injured, and countless others were left permanently disabled. Women were violated, Jewish properties were plundered, burnt, and destroyed. Jews were rounded up for forced labor, were beaten, and humiliated. The war was engineered on two fronts: setbacks on the military front were championed by the Poles as "victory" on the "Jewish front". "

--------------------------------

"Two separate, bloody, pogroms occurred during those horrible days, weeks and months that were uniquely violent and took the lives of over 100 innocent Jews. These were the Vilna and Lida pogroms.

The pogrom in Vilna lasted three days, during Chol Hamoyed, Pesach (Passover), 1919. The Polish Army entered Vilna on April 19 and two days later, on the seventh day of Pesach, the army entered the neighborhood of the talented writer Isaac-Mayer Devenishsky (1878-1919), who published under the psudonym A. Vayter. He was staying at the home of the literary-historian and critic Shmuel Niger (1883-1955) and the poet Leib Yaffeh (1876-1948). Soldiers burst
              into the building, violently dragged Vayter out in the street and shot him. Niger and Yaffeh survived amongst hundreds of other Jews who were arrested in Vilna and were driven out under a hail of bullets to Lida. The number of Vilna Jews murdered during that pogrom has never been firmly established. According to the Vilna registry of the (First World) War years and occupation, published in Vilna in 1922 (pages 319-321), in the suburb of Lopuvka alone 67 victims died; the English-Yiddish encyclopedia (volume 16, column 147) discloses that 80 Jews were murdered in the pogrom. The pogrom was marked by barbaric murders and terrifying violence; several victims were forced to dig their own graves prior to execution, while others were buried alive. The number of people taken during the mass arrests filled up two prisons, the railway station, the post-office courtyard, several private houses, and the local bank. According to a Vilna community report, between January 1, 1919 and August 15, 1920 (pages 6-8), hundreds of Jews, irrespective of age and gender, were viciously beaten either in their homes or on the streets and they were then thrown in jail. They were held without food or drink and were submitted to gross humiliation, physical and mental.

The majority of the arrested Jews were held in isolation in Lida and Bialystok, others were deported far from home to Kalisce, Krakow, and other towns in western Poland. Haynt (No. 110) from May 14, 1919 published a note that a Jewish delegation (commission) went out to Bialystok on May 13 in an attempt to arrange release for the interned Vilna Jews, which the delegation estimated to number around 400. A list of 155 Vilna Jews, living in Lida, was published in Haynt (No. 111), May 15, 1919 and a second list of 71 imprisoned Jews from Pinsk and Vilna was published two weeks later in No. 121, May 27, 1919. That group of prisoners was dispatched to the military camp Szczypiorno near Kalisz (Old: Kalisch). The same delegation informed Haynt that since the day they left Vilna, a week earlier, 56 dead were taken to Israel for burial. It should be noted that the arrested Jews remained in detention for a lengthy period prior to being released. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------
              The second pogrom, which was as bloody and vicious as that in Vilna, occurred in Lida. 35 Jews were slaughtered there, according to a report published in Haynt (No. 99), April 30, 1919.

The news of the pogrom in Sczezhov was published in Haynt (No. 104), May 14, 1919. The pogrom occurred on the Sabbath, May 3. In Novy-Dvar near Warsaw there was a pogrom on Tuesday, May 14, 1919. In Chapter 6, we report in detail on the murder of 35 young Zionists in Pinsk, documented in a report published in Haynt (No. 110). "

Now of course it should be recalled that all this happened in the midst of a larger war, with much destruction and death. However shouldnt the actions of the Red Army be seen the same way?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                Absolute best thing to come out of Russia in decades:

btw, Spiff or anyone else, do you know what the French rap is they used?

OMFG! The boy is insane!

RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                  Absolute best thing to come out of Russia in decades:

btw, Spiff or anyone else, do you know what the French rap is they used?
                  From Youtube comments:

brendel99 (1 month ago)
                  The songs:
                  1) Clubbed to Death by Rob Dougan (0:00 - 2:07)
                  2) Si Triste by 3ieme Oeil (2:07 -3:40)
                  3) Style Libre by Kenny Arkana (3:40 - 5:18)
                  4) Belsunce Breakdown by Bouga Akhenaton (5:20 onward)

thx to iskijay who posted this info on another version of this vid.

And these guys are Latvian, not russian.
                  Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

That video is awesome

often you would read in history books about how in an army they would call the best wall climbers during the siege of a city, they must have been like that kid
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Beleive it or not, thats a Lada.

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

And a funny one

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Lada car club

Spec.

Comment

Not going to read further in this read yet but I feel like adding my own short list anyway.

In absolutely no particular order,

Russian women

All of the Russians that have moved to Minnesota in the last few years

Pioneering space exploration and triggering the space race

Serb

Showing the world what happens when you try to implement communism so we don't have to

Saint Basil's Cathedral

I'm sure I'll remember others when I read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                              Did I mention Russian food?
                              Several times. Can you elaborate what makes it so dreadful?

Comment

Moscow Sheremetyevo 2 airport blini with caviar and chilled vodka, after 3 days heavy drinking in Ryazan
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X