No announcement yet.

Culture clash: Beach volleyball in Muslim world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be worse - what if he teamed up with this guy (You all probably have seen it before, but I couldn't resist ).
    Attached Files
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

IIRC, the guy in Sloww's post is Austrian.

But I guess he could work with Bruno.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
        Speaking strictly as a volleyball fanatic and a father of two girls who play volleyball, I think the bikinis are stupid and demean the game. I note that the men dont play in speedos, they play in shorts and T-shirt.
        I'm not familiar with beach volleyball, but do the rules actually state that it has to be played in bikini?
        Can't they just wear shorts, say, like men?
        I'll research some.

EDIT:
        researched some and it seems that the rules indeed force women to wear not much and that these rules are completly different for men!
        This is very demeaning if true.
        I will try get a link.

EDIT2:
        It does not seem like that's technically in the rules of beach volleyball but is more like a rule that most leagues and associations use.
        Probably for sponsorship reasons.
        Last edited by Lul Thyme; December 3, 2006, 18:55.

Comment

With rules like that, sometimes you gotta wonder, whose attitudes are more messed up, ours or theirs...
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It addresses the bikini question in OP. No, it's not required.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Swimsuit optional??

Comment

Man. Now we're talking truly blown Qatar minds.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He was there, he added, because it was a matter of national honor.
                  Attending beach volleyball for national honor
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

More pics from the Asian Games

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                      You've got to wonder how much of the world's fundamentalism and general craziness is due to bad/no sex...
                      I've had this theory now for years if you've been reading my posts.

The only exception is I don't get sex, and I have no desire to blow myself up in a crowd of people. There must be something else.

Comment

does anyone else wonder why Sloww has that picture on his hard drive?

Comment

Working...
                        X