Throwing a party tonight, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing a party tonight, and...

...I have this bottle of "Pernod" that someone gave me. Anyone know what kinds of drinks I can make with it? I can use vodka (regular, citron, 100 proof), rum (white, dark), scotch, gin, cachaca, cognac, triple sec, vermouth, OJ, cranberry juice, coke, sprite, ginger ale, tonic, and soda water available, and would like to come up with something that uses Pernod too.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Lime, lemon, sugar, olives, cherries, salt, mint, etc. too.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Just add water.

Comment

Thanks. With ice?

What's it taste like, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Thanks. With ice?

What's it taste like, anyway?
          Aniseed. It goes white when you add the water, which looks cool.

I don't think ice is the default.

Comment

What's the party for, Collingwood's 200 against the stinking Aussies?

(I assume you guys are anyone-but-Australia like the rest of us )

Comment

That's a good idea, it's definitely a reason to celebrate. But it's too early for that

Comment

Throwing a party tonight, and...

...we're all invited?

Thanks but Delhi is a bit out of the way for me.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  Delhi is a bit out of the way for me.
                  For me too

Comment

Let me re-phrase for him

Thanks but Asia is a bit out of the way for me.
                    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Apertif d'Absinthe recipe
                      1 oz Pernod® licorice liqueur
                      1 tsp wormwood extract
                      5 oz water
                      4 sugar cubes

Add wormwood to a shot of pernod. Add sugar and water, and serve over ice.

6% (12 proof)
                      Serve in: Parfait Glass

French Style Pernod recipe
                      1 oz Pernod® licorice liqueur
                      5 oz water

Pour both ingredients into a highball glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well, and serve.

6% (12 proof)
                      Serve in: Highball Glass

King of Denmark recipe
                      4 parts Pernod® licorice liqueur
                      3 parts blackcurrant cordial
                      8 - 10 parts water

Stir the pernod and black, and add several big ice cubes.

Serve in: Collins Glass

Naked Waiter recipe
                      3/4 oz Pernod® licorice liqueur
                      3/4 oz Mandarine Napoleon® orange liqueur
                      1 oz pineapple juice
                      4 oz sparkling bitter lemon soda

Pour into an ice-filled wine goblet, and garnish with a lemon wedge.

9% (18 proof)
                      Serve in: Wine Goblet

Perroquet recipe
                      1 1/2 oz Pernod® licorice liqueur
                      1 dash mint syrup
                      water

Pour pernod and mint syrup over ice cubes in a highball glass. Fill with cold water, stir well, and serve.

Serve in: Highball Glass
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Damn you Shiva, you should have at least invited me, of all people!
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I prefer my Pernod with very cold water - no ice. About three parts Pernod to one part water. Of course, I usually like it as an after-dinner type of drink; not exactly something I drink as a cocktail perse. I've also lost my taste for it over the years. Used to love the stuff, now - meh.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Pastis is so much better than Pernod.

The traditional accompaniment is blackcurrant, although if you're hosting this party then you may like to think about the harmful effects of blackcurrant drinks, drunk people and the lining of your toilet/sink.

Comment

Good ideas (WTF is wormwood?), thanks all.

Y'all are all invited, BTW. And if you don't show up, I'm the one who gets to be pissed off

Comment

Working...
                              X