No announcement yet.

Throwing a party tonight, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormwood: The essence of absinthe, an emerald-green liqueur flavored with extracts of the wormwood plant, licorice and aromatic flavorings in a alcohol base. Absinthe was manufactured, commercialized and popularized in France in the late 1700s by Henri-Louis Pernod. It became an extremely popular and addictive drink. Among the famous figures who made absinthe a symbol of decadence were the writer Oscar Wilde, the poet Charles Baudelaire, and the artists Edouard Manet, Vincent Van Gogh, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and Pablo Picasso.

It's French, never mind.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

i was going to tell you what to do with Pernard but you didn't invite me to your party so...
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        Just add water.
        QFT

For the record, despite its Frenchness, I can't stand Pernod. That's because I hate aniseed taste
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Alcohol is alcohol. All else is bull.

Cheers!
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I drank generous amounts of Porto tonight
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Sorry, Spiff. I'll watch myself.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                I drank generous amounts of Porto tonight
                Not generous enough, given your lack of typos
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Have you tried ice-tea (regular Lipton Ice tea) already? Makes a surprisingly good combination with a lot of stuff.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I prefer the Long Island variety
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                      Not generous enough, given your lack of typos
                      I rarely do more typos than usual, unless I'm utterly wasted.

But in such a case, I generally spend 5 minutes in frnt of the computer before falling asleep

Comment

BTW, you do know always have to stock more booze than what you think that's necessary?

Comment

"I rarely do more typos than usual"?
                          WTF is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                            BTW, you do know always have to stock more booze than what you think that's necessary?
                            I've been doing these parties for years now

(just without Pernod, until now)

Comment

Dude, I know people who have been throwing parties for decades and still run out of booze.

Comment

What's the party for, Punter's 33rd ton against the stinking Poms?

(I assume you guys are anyone-but-England like the rest of us )
                                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X