Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG, doing experiments on bugs is teh EVIL!!!11!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, doing experiments on bugs is teh EVIL!!!11!!!

This must be one of the most absurd threads EVER on DU

Read the posts by the poster "NoMoreMyths" if you want a good laugh.

No.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yes.
      bleh

Comment

Here, let me compose a really idiotic thread so then someone here can go post it on another forum and go "OMGOMG" and then have other people go "hahah yeah, that person is a moron for having an opinion I don't agree with LOLOL"

mmmm

nah, I'm just going to go to bed...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, quit being an *******.

Comment

Why should only the cute animals get protection from evil scientists?

Comment

I think the bugs I encountered during my study of biology
              would have been glad if levitating had been the only thing done to them
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                Sava, quit being an *******.
                No.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                  Wrong.

Why should any animal get protection from evil human-hating insectists?

Comment

Yikes. Bug life = human life. That's as crazy as the God Hate Fags church.
                    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                      Because they're cute.

I could understand (but disagree with) objecting to experimenting on animals from the Jainist "all life is sacred" angle, but not from the "it's okay to kill a mouse with a mousetrap, but it's not okay to kill a mouse with an experimental cancer treatment" angle. If it's okay for Joe Blow to squash bugs and slaughter mice, then what's the problem with scientists doing the same thing?
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm just afraid that one day the bugs may strike back
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Wrong.

Why should any animal get protection from evil human-hating insectists?
                          I'm pointing out that he is atleast being consistent.

Comment

He's not, though. He's not pro-life, he's just anti-science -- he says that it's okay to squash bugs, it's just not okay to squash bugs in the name of science.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

WTF is DU?
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X