No announcement yet.

Good (and Free) PC Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's face a simple fact: Not every statement on an online forum is going to be arduously qualified. Get over it. Use common sense.

Thanks.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Let's face a simple fact: Not every statement on an online forum is going to be arduously qualified.
      Of course they won't. And it's a good thing. Everyone making statements that aren't simple to poke holes in... What would be the fun in that?

Get over it. Use common sense.
      "Common sense" tells me you're avoiding addressing a whole lot of the points I've made. It also tells me that such action is usually due to an admission on the part of the party dropping the subject that their positions were incorrect or untenable. But no, I won't assume that, because assumptions are dangerous. "Common sense" is rarely commonly held sense amongst those arguing with each other.

Anyways, thanks for the discussion Asher.

Comment

You haven't made any points worth discussing.

OO is free. You don't mind using OO. Gotcha.

Still doesn't change the fact that, from a software perspective, it is categorically worse. But let's go ahead and keep harping on your initial incorrect assumption about me refuting the "cost advantage". That was enthralling.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          You haven't made any points worth discussing.
          So you are admitting that my points you have not addressed stand without having been refuted?

- That you use outdated versions of software to base your examples on.
          - That you make unsupported conjectures about other's mindsets.
          - That you do so even when the information you're trying to divine has already been posted for everyone to see.
          - That even already having the answer readily available, you can't make an accurate "prediction" still.
          - That even given that ineptitude of divination, you consistantly apply it to try to make your arguments.
          - That in a thread about free software, it shouldn't be assumed that unqualified comparisons are excluding price.
          - That your claim that I couldn't back up my statements was in fact the claim that couldn't be backed up.

Still doesn't change the fact that, from a software perspective, it is categorically worse. But let's go ahead and keep harping on your initial incorrect assumption about me refuting the "cost advantage". That was enthralling.
          Ah, the old, "This subject is tiring to me... I'm right and you're wrong... I'm done here... keep arguing if you wish".

You say my argument was incorrect, yet you have not even addressed it outside that bald-faced assertion that it is incorrect. Whereas I have explained how you did refute the cost advantage, and you have failed to refute those points.

Here is the sequence again:

- I said price was one category OO had an edge in.
          - You asked an unrelated question
          - I answered.
          - You said you knew I couldn't back up my initial statements, implying that it wasn't already established that price favored OO.
          - You claimed price a priori favored OO and thus was not an issue.

Comment

What a couple of ****wits.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Any suggestions for the Linux IDE (other then Eclipse)?

Comment

Java IDEs?

Netbeans
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I use OO because all i do is write letters and its free, spending a fortune on MS offcie would be daft

I also use AVG and znoe alarm

I'm also tryiny to find a programme that will play my mini dvd's once i;ve put them on my hard drive
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

emacs?
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Windows XP (or has someone already made that joke)

And how do I get updates without that downloading that annoying message? I hate to think I'm not getting important security updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                        - You claimed price a priori favored OO and thus was not an issue.
                        You're really making this far more complicated than it is.

Price is not an issue because it is not a point of contention.

Comment

Working...
                        X