Good (and Free) PC Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good (and Free) PC Programs

I see problems with spyware all the time.
    Spyware Blaster keeps spyware off your pc. It doesn't hunt them down.
    It works well. I use spyware programs such as NoAdware and Ewido (now merged with AVG), but they find nothing, and I attribute that to this program.
    Prevent the installation of spyware, adware, malware, and more. Free download.

CleanUp! removes all Temp files and trash.
    I've never had a problem with it. It's suggested to reboot after each use, so it's a planned event for me.
    stevengould.org - enhancing your online experience by protecting your privacy and freeing up disk space

What others do you recommend?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

CCleaner
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Firefox!
      Blah

Comment

Winamp

VLC video player
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I use both WinAmp and VLC, Shiva.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Btw, is there a good free software to work with .xls files (Excel I think?)?
            Blah

Comment

OpenOffice
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but is that in reply to my .xls question or generally to the topic?
                Blah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  I use both WinAmp and VLC, Shiva.
                  And Tag&Rename too!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    Forgive my ignorance, but is that in reply to my .xls question or generally to the topic?
                    Both.

GoogleCalc works, too.

Comment

ok, thx
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        To your question .

OpenOffice, or OpenOffice.org more precisely, is an open source and free office suite. It's pretty good, though admittedly, I think MS Office is slightly better in some regards. But OO.org is definitely the best free office suite available, give it a try.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Yeah, I heard about it, but never used it so far. But I think I'll try it out, esp. since I need something for those xls files anyway
                          Blah

Comment

Here's a start.
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              To your question .

OpenOffice, or OpenOffice.org more precisely, is an open source and free office suite. It's pretty good, though admittedly, I think MS Office is slightly better in some regards. But OO.org is definitely the best free office suite available, give it a try.
                              MS Office is much better, and Office 2007 is miles ahead of OO.org. And that's just if you're talking about Word vs. Writer; don't get me started on Excel vs. Calc

(admittedly, I've never tried their presentation program, which may be better than PowerPoint)

Comment

Working...
                              X