No announcement yet.

Good (and Free) PC Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, MS Office is better (have it installed on both my PC and Laptop as I program Databases in Access),
    but if you are not willing to pay much (or anything at all) for Office programs, Openoffice is the best you can get
    (which is why I installed Openoffice on the PC of my parents)
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

good tool to control SPAM

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I dl that ccleaner, and I may like it better than Clean Up!.
        No reboot. I'll probably use them both since I'm a practicing paranoid.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Both.

GoogleCalc works, too.
          Why would you ever actually use Google Spreadsheets? It doesn't even have charts.

Comment

Just be careful to exclude cookies from your regularly visited sites (like Apolyton) so that they're preserved after full cleanups.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I left cookies there.
              I also created a Restore Point prior to running; once again due to being a paranoid.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                Why would you ever actually use Google Spreadsheets?
                I wouldn't.
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

anybody know of a good free mpeg editing tool?

My dvd burner came with nero but it's buggy as hell when it comes to cutting segments out of an mpeg and patching nero not only failed to fix that it also broke everything nero had been doing correctly.
                  Last edited by Geronimo; November 27, 2006, 18:55.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out where I got Easy Video Joiner - Splitter 5.
                    Is that what you need? Splitting and Joining?

I can upload here without pissing anyone off, since I see no reference to anything that might be reflective of pirated.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                      anybody know of a good free mpeg editing tool?

My dvd burner came with nero but it's buggy as hell when it comes to cuting segments out of an mpeg and patching nero not only failed to fix that it also broke everything nero had been doing correctly.
                      Virtualdub is decent enough, if a bit spartan.

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Thunderbird ftw
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I regularly use:

The Gimp: graphics editor
                          OpenOffice.org: office stuff
                          Blender: 3-d modelling
                          CodeBlocks + MinGW: programming
                          VC++ 2005 Express: programming
                          SUPER (c): video format conversion
                          EditPadLite: tabbed text editor
                          CCleaner: great for OCD computer users
                          VirtualDub + AviSynth: video editing, some effects
                          Audacity: audio editing
                          MWSnap: screenshots
                          IZArc: (de)compression (has trouble with .7z files though)
                          AVG: antivirus (going commercial soon)
                          ZoneAlarm: firewall (i think going commercial too)

Comment

Avast is a good free anti-virus program, but, alas, it's no NOD32.

Comment

This discussion is a good indicator of how much free software (free as in free speech) had come into the mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                                IZArc: (de)compression (has trouble with .7z files though)
                                That's why you should just use 7zip

It even gets better compression ratios on regular zip files.

Comment

Working...
                                X