Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real enemy of the Jews - Why does Borat ignore the left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    Borat probably could not get away with making his film in Europe as he would have one of the following things ruin each skit.

A - The interviewed subject would not accept such unkoth behavior
    B - They would realize he wasn't Kazakstani or even a journalist
    C - He gets in legal trouble under various defimation and slander laws
    Rubbish- when SBC was Alis Gee he did exactly the same to variuos people in the UK.

IIRC he took the piss out of people across the political spectrum
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• Yeah, but by the time he had enough impetus to make a movie, the character was too well-known for a movie to be made that wasn't entirely fictional and scripted. With Borat, he was too well-known in this country in 2004 (Production), but not quite in the US.

Still, twas a great film, although the hotel room fight was perhaps the vilest thing I've ever heard.

Comment

• I agree he was too well known to make the movie in the UK and perhaps rest of europe but it wasn't because we are too sophisticated or because of legal difficulties
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• After the first reviews came in about this movie I thought it might be something I'd actually pay to see, ie a funny movie. Now that I've heard more about it, it seems to fall into a comedic Michael Moore category, ie trash. I dont watch Jerry Springer and I very much doubt I'll watch this either.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok

You've never been in America, have you? We have people who will go on talk shows and talk about humping their brothers in front of the whole nation, provided it's a chance to be On Television. Even disregarding that, the fact that people play along does not mean they're HORRIBLE RACISTS. It's just human nature to go with the flow under all sorts of ridiculous circumstances.

I remember a famous experiment by some university back in the fifties where volunteers thought they were administering painful and dangerous electric shocks to other subjects, but overwhelmingly elected to continue the experiment when they were assured that they would not be held responsible. The scientists made similar claims to SBC about how this must have been how Hitler came to power, blah blah blah. Possibly true, but it's also how jackass stunt comedians earn a living: human beings tend to be cowards when it comes to confronting others over their behavior in public. And they therefore will take the path of least resistance to avoid making waves.

Now, if some of these people launch into rants as LT suggested, that's a different story, I agree.
            But surely it's easier to just stay silent and fidget uncomfortably than to say something like "Oh yeah, I agree." Those who do (the former) don't come out of it looking bad (e.g. the humour coach), and the scenes are still funny.

The whole "exposing anti-semitism" thing is exaggerated, IMO. Perhaps people who enjoyed the act but wouldn't want to admit it otherwise (for PC reasons or whatever) use it to justify their enjoyment.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I ahve been watching numersous clips, and looks funny.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Who the F*CK are the Elite?
                <---------- l337
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• @ Ned. Entertaining as usual.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro

Maybe "Throw the American down the well" had worked too.
                    They're drunk. They'll laugh and sing along with anything that mocks something they're not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                      Borat probably could not get away with making his film in Europe as he would have one of the following things ruin each skit.

A - The interviewed subject would not accept such unkoth behavior
                      B - They would realize he wasn't Kazakstani or even a journalist
                      C - He gets in legal trouble under various defimation and slander laws
                      You know that before coming to the US, all his skits where in Europe right.
                      First in UK , then went to Germany, Austria etc...

Comment

• Is it possible that when Borat talks about revealing the anti-semitism in others he's not just talking about working class Americans but in the 'goyim' in general? After all the character he plays is supposedly a humble citizen of the ex-Soviet republic of Kazakhstan. It is that character being portrayed as the instigator. Kazakhstan ain't in Pennsylvannia, Mississippi, or Texas.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                          What Ned ignores is that the NAACP gave Byrd a 100% grade for civil rights this year and most years since the 1960's. It would be extremely hard to find someone of Byrd's generation (born: 1917 in rural West Virginia) who wasn't taught the racial views of those times. Yes, he was a member of the KKK for a year (1942-1943) but since taking public office in 1953 he's been one of the more progressive voices. That's why the NAACP gives him such high ranks.

As for the claim that Byrd was a "Grand Wizard" of the KKK... That's just the Nediverse speaking.
                          Nice.

So, Democrat KKK members can "change" to good, civil-rights supporting politicians, but Republicans cannot? Is that the lesson of Oerdin's post, because I think this is the universal perception forstered by Democrats everywhere, from the media to the black leadership.
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            Is it possible that when Borat talks about revealing the anti-semitism in others he's not just talking about working class Americans but in the 'goyim' in general? After all the character he plays is supposedly a humble citizen of the ex-Soviet republic of Kazakhstan. It is that character being portrayed as the instigator. Kazakhstan ain't in Pennsylvannia, Mississippi, or Texas.
                            I don't think so and Krauthammer doesn't think so. His article is a public plea to Borat, a fellow Jew, to think about what he is doing to his people by attacking Israel's friends and recommeding that he instead expose the anti-Semitism of the real enemy of the Jews.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Whoha

Maybe they're that drunk that they would laugh and sing along with anything that mocks something.
                              Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

I don't think so and Krauthammer doesn't think so. His article is a public plea to Borat, a fellow Jew, to think about what he is doing to his people by attacking Israel's friends and recommeding that he instead expose the anti-Semitism of the real enemy of the Jews.
                                isreal should earn our friendship not take it for granted
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X