No announcement yet.

Whites only scholarship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they just tied it to deprived areas and low income families then I don't think anyone could really complain about this.

Comment

There's a bursary at my school that is only available to students who can prove scotish ancestry (requiring a birth certificate of the student, parent, or grandparent)
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

PLUS, they have to be able to spell Scottish.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That's not a requirement.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

My school is practically free for bagpiping majors...

Comment

We already have our own scholarships, dumbass.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Bagpiping majors?

Comment

No, dumbass scholarships.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sons of Italy, Friends of Erin, etc. There are scholarships for specific ethnicities. Scholarships for natural red heads. You just have to know where to look.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      No, dumbass scholarships.
                      Those would be for T. . . nah, too easy.

Comment

How is that a "whites only" scholarship?

First of all, they do a piss poor job in defining anything. Are Arabs, Persians, Turks, and peoples form Northern India, Afghanistan and such also caucasian?

Second, just 1/4? Heck, lots of African Americans would qualify, given how any amount of black blood makes them black in our system. And how would Hispanics be kept out?

While this is a publicity stunt, I am more embarrassed at the people shocked by it. Its such a poorly thought out stunt.

They should have been more explicit, stating only people with Western European ancenstry could apply.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                          There's a bursary at my school that is only available to students who can prove scotish ancestry (requiring a birth certificate of the student, parent, or grandparent)
                          Same here. And one for Welsh decendents, and most laughably, children of Church of England clergy (I'm unaware of this ever having been taken up).
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                            I want to be black/hispano
                            No you don't. You really, really don't.
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                              If there can be colleges for "african american" only, why not the other way around....private is private

side note:
                              A first in the US, an all girl university just realized in order to make money, they need to include ......men

Look for the college of pwn's only near you
                              Are there really any African-American only colleges left? I don't think so. Ever since I moved to Lynchburg I've from time to time received application offers from various traditionally African American colleges and medical schools. I contacted one of the institutions because I was curious as to why I was being asked if I wanted to apply to the school since I'm already a graduate MD. Apparently someone sent my name in. Knowing the person I'm certain that his intent was a sort of back handed way of saying "N****r lover". The school however had no problem with my not being black.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                My school is practically free for bagpiping majors...

Seriously? What school is it?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X