Whites only scholarship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whites only scholarship

I haven't seen a thread on this. Sounds like a fun subject to discuss. Actually, I didn't realize hispanics and such had their own scholarships. Or maybe I did know, but forgot about it. So some genius decides to give whites their own scholarship.

Even though it shouldn't be wrong, it just feels wrong. But it does point out the hypocracy of the other scholarships. And I do think it's time for all race based scholarships to go away.

your thoughts?

whites only, boston university, racism, scholarship, Article, 2674267

although it seems like these guys aren't the first to come up with this idea. copycats.
    yes
    57.14%
    no
    32.14%
    only banana colored people should get their own scholarship
    10.71%

I hate all race-based initiative. Having said that, whoever funds the scholarship should be able to decide what the groundrules are.

Comment

Because teh whites have been oppressed for so long by the evil blacks
      I mean, doesn't forcing whites to give blacks the vote count as oppression?
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
        Because teh whites have been oppressed for so long by the evil blacks
        I mean, doesn't forcing whites to give blacks the vote count as oppression?
        .000000000002/10

Comment

I want to be black/hispano
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

.000000000002/10
            On par with the opening post, then.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

If there can be colleges for "african american" only, why not the other way around....private is private

side note:
              A first in the US, an all girl university just realized in order to make money, they need to include ......men

Look for the college of pwn's only near you
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Re: Whites only scholarship

Originally posted by Dis
                your thoughts?
                It's HYPOCRISY
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If there can be colleges for "african american" only, why not the other way around....private is private
                  There's no such thing as a college that only admits African-Americans...
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

The historically black colleges don't require one to be African-American to attend, or even apply.

It's just that the people who go to the HBCs tend to be self-selected towards being... black.
                    B♭3

Comment

they have this already

its called a hockey scholarship
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: Re: Whites only scholarship

Originally posted by Spiffor

It's HYPOCRISY

Thank you, now I can put that in my sigline.
                        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Unbelievable!
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                            they have this already

its called a hockey scholarship
                            No, not hockey; curling.

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude
                              I hate all race-based initiative. Having said that, whoever funds the scholarship should be able to decide what the groundrules are.
                              Completely agree While I hate black, hispanic or white-only scholarships, I accept the rights of the founder to spend the money as they wish. Which is why I feel a bit weird about Rhodes scholars, since the scholarship was set up for its own (politically incorrect) reasons, and has now been changed against the wishes of the benefactor.
                              Smile
                              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Working...
                              X