Indepedence for Quebeckers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    The status of the St. Lawrence would be interesting. I don't know, but I would assume the GoQ would have an interest in continued commercial ties with both the RoC and the US. I would assume they would leave the waterway open but might have something to say about what loads could navigate the river.

The RoC would have some adjustment, but I highly doubt anyone would be clamouring to leave with Quebec or to go home to mama in London.
    I cannot see the US accepting much interference with their use of the St. Lawrence
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

Good luck getting the Cree to separate with you (the resources are theirs after all )
      Well-- that would be a huge issue if Quebec ever separated . . exactly what boundaries do they get to take. IF they expect self-determination within Canada, it would be extremely hypocritical to deny it to the First Nations -- They would be unlikely to choose Quebec over Canada IMHO
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• The Cree vote at the last neverendum (the Cree held their own vote) was almost 100% against separation.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The Cree vote at the last neverendum (the Cree held their own vote) was almost 100% against separation.
          No shock there-- I believe that Quebec has horrifically bad relations with native groups and a Quebec state would probably not be expected to be as multi-cultural as Canada is

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I cannot see the US accepting much interference with their use of the St. Lawrence
            If Quebec isnt in NAFTA, their economy is toast, IIUC. Essentially, if Quebec, ROC, the Cree, etc, etc cant agree, the US (via our economic position) will be the final arbiter.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• The US may even use such an event to 'renegotiate' NAFTA with the RoC.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The US may even use such an event to 'renegotiate' NAFTA with the RoC.
                I doubt the current admin (or any pro free trade successor) would want to reopen NAFTA generally, since the debate here would inevitably focus on Mexico.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• What is NAFTA and the RoC?

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec

What is NAFTA and the RoC?

Spec.
                    NAFTA = North American Free Trade Agreement (Havta NAFTA)

RoC = Rest of Canada (IE not Quebec)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot
                      I dont want to live in France junior.
                      Ouch talk about being relegated to doubly insignificant status.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I don't think I've ever been quoted so much in 1 OT thread.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Ninot the definition of quotagenic.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Aww thanks Ogie

So apparently Quebecois is an official nation in United Canada.

But Anglo Quebecers AREN'T apart of that nation according to Mr. Harper.

I'm kinda annoyed at this. I want to be a Quebecois!!!!

Comment

• You're anglo? Since when?

You have a Frog name.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I've been an anglo for about 22 years... well, almost.

Comment

Working...
                                X