X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this flag is supposed to be manly?

For red-necks...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
      What?

Comment

Seems that Harpers comment is backfiring in his face...Anybody seen the news?

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

What's happening? I thought the PQ joined the bandwagon?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

From CBC news

The House of Commons has overwhelmingly passed a motion recognizing Québécois as a nation within Canada.

Conservatives, most Liberal MPs, the NDP and the Bloc voted 266 to 16 in support of the controversial motion, which earlier in the day had prompted the resignation of Michael Chong as intergovernmental affairs minister.
            Not sure what Spec is referring to but the motion passed. It remains to be seen what - if any - significance this will have.

Spiffor: the BQ and the PQ aren't the same. The PQ (Parti Québecois) is the provincial independentist party. They have been in power in Quebec at various times since the 70's.

The BQ (Bloc Québecois) is also an independentist party but it operates on the federal level. It has no hopes of ever forming a government and aims/pretends to be Quebec's voice in Ottawa. They're the ones who jumped onto the bandwagon yesterday.
            What?

Comment

oh ok. Thanks for the explanation
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot

We have natural resources enough that I have to assume our quality of life wouldn't decline due to an end in fund transfers.
                Good luck getting the Cree to separate with you (the resources are theirs after all )
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

And this flag is supposed to be manly?

For red-necks...

Spec.
                  Rugged outdoors...farm fields...

What's not manly?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is Nova Scotia part of Quebec? What about Labrador?

Comment

• No. No.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
                        Is Nova Scotia part of Quebec? What about Labrador?
                        Never, EVER say that again.

Spec.

Comment

• As an independant pro-Anglo, pro-capitalist, I still say that the Quebecois flag is 10 times better then the prarie flag. That thing looks like a high school spirit banner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Rugged outdoors...farm fields...

What's not manly?
                            Outdoors, sure, rugged...not so much.

It looks like a teletuby flag or something. Somthing I would see on TV at 7am on a saturday morning on ''wake up kids" and such.

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
                              Outdoors, sure, rugged...not so much.

It looks like a teletubie flag or something. Somthing I would see on TV a 7am on a saturday morning.

Spec.
                              Err. No.

The flag with flowers on it, on the other hand...

Comment

• Design them a new flag Asher....
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X