No announcement yet.

Indepedence for Quebeckers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! You wish you could have beautiful Fleurs de Lys on your flag, but all you have is somekind of kiddy drawing with gay colors. I'm sure some kindergarden somewhere is looking for its flag.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
      Ha! You wish you could have beautiful Fleurs de Lys on your flag, but all you have is somekind of kiddy drawing with gay colors. I'm sure some kindergarden somewhere is looking for its flag.

Spec.
      The Alberta flag is complex and meaningful.

The Quebec flag is boring and floral.

Your national symbol is a "flower of the lily"...you haven no ground to stand on in this argument.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The fleur-de-lis (or fleur-de-lys; plural: fleurs-de-lis) is a stylised design of an iris flower which is used both decoratively and symbolically. It may be purely ornamental or it may be "at one and the same time political, dynastic, artistic, emblematic and symbolic",[1] especially in heraldry. While it has appeared on countless European coats of arms and flags over the centuries, the fleur-de-lis is particularly associated with the French monarchy. It is an enduring symbol of France, but was not adopted officially by the various French republics.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

The Alberta flag is complex and meaningful.

Spec.

Comment

Spec.
            Why are you proud of this?

France is the laughing stock of Europe, as Quebec is in Canada. Amazingly, Quebec is even less important to the world than France.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I didn't realise either France or Quebec were laughing stocks.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Well, you are. So there.

Comment

• Hey, if Asher says it its true, then it has to be.

After all, everybody knows that rednecks know best.

Spec.

Comment

Well, you are. So there.
                    Captain of the debate team, right?
                    What?

Comment

Hey, if Asher says it its true, then it has to be.

After all, everybody knows that rednecks know best.

Spec.
                      My neck is red from all of the play I get. No need to be jealous. The women like people who can speak english.

Comment

My neck is red from all of the play I get. No need to be jealous. The women like people who can speak english.
                        Hmmmm, I've heard differently.

Dont women love french guys? I'm pretty sure that's how it goes. Isn't it the males that hate French guys because they get all the woman?

But why should you care, you're gay.

I bet its not your neck that's red...and probably not from sun burn either.

Spec.

Comment

• Do French women shave their armpits yet?

j/k
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I can't say I agree with his stance entirely,* but you have to admire Chang's maintenance of integrity on this issue. He wrote a piece on civici (as opposed to ethnic) nationalism in 2004, so it's good to see he's not as flip-floppy as most pols.

* I have no real problem with acknowledging the Quebcois as a 'nation' (to go along with the numerous other indigenous first nations), but I think it's something that should be handled deftly and for the right reasons, not jammed in as a 'surprise tactic.'
                            "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                            "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                            "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• That looked like a serious post Cinch.

I'm not terribly bent out of shape over this either but I wonder at the long term effect. I think Harper has given ammo to the separatists.

I'm like most Canadians in the ROC. I'm simply tired of the whole damn thing. A few years ago we passed a resolution describing Quebec as a 'distinct society'. Now the Quebecois are a 'nation'. Five years from now we will have to pass a new resolution stating Quebecers are 'really nice people'.

Do Quebecers need a frequent pat on the bum to feel good about themselves or what?
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

We have natural resources enough that I have to assume our quality of life wouldn't decline due to an end in fund transfers.

Interesting take. Why not try declining the transfer payments and see how it impacts your government's ability to provide services. (it wouild actyually be interesting if you take up all the tax room previously occupied by the feds but also have the bill for all services currently provided by the fed

Originally posted by Ninot

What would screw us is an isolationist government that wants to keep out the english, and alienate businesses.
                                THat would be a problem.
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X