No announcement yet.

Indepedence for Quebeckers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the statement is rather meaningless, but I will take it as another reason to dislike Harper.

I hear he'll be in Montreal tomorrow, but sadly due to American Thanksgiving I will be out of the country
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

I said during the last referendum and I will say again now, I think the only way that Canada could allow Quebec to seperate would be if they took Ontario with them!

(and though I meant it as a joke at the time, having a Canada that extended from Sudbury or Sault Ste Marie in the East to Victoria in the West wouldn't upset me too much and given the feelings of Western Canadians in recent years I don't think I am alone in that line of thinking).

/me
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

edit: fail
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
          Well, the statement is rather meaningless, but I will take it as another reason to dislike Harper.
          Any day that ends in a y is a good day for that.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            Is there a quebec flag available on apolyton yet?
            Don't you mean the FCPOQ?
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Would a free Quebec associate with France in some fashion?
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Why Ned? You trying to come up with a new axis of evil?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

BTW, there is an American colony in Brazil that are descended from defeated Confederates. Perhaps Brazil should recognize THEM as a separate Nation, and we should grant them US citizenship, which I think they might have anyway by law.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    Would a free Quebec associate with France in some fashion?
                    They share a language, after a fashion, so I assume they would at least talk to each other.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                      Nationalism: always a waste of time.
                      Funny how the "nationalists" are always those vying for more local independence and never those wanting to keep their great national entity together.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

'Big' nationalism is also a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                          Thanks MarkG for resurrecting this old pretext for a trollfest
                          always glad to be of help
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis

I hear he'll be in Montreal tomorrow, but sadly due to American Thanksgiving I will be out of the country
                              He said that just not to get thrown out when he comes here.

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Gayest f[l]ag, ever.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X