Indepedence for Quebeckers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

Personally, if I was a native American I'd be pissed off about the discription of Canada being a union of two nations. I don't think the natives fall under the catagory of Brit/Irish or French nor do millions of other white Canadians whose ancestors came from other parts of Europe nor for Asian-Canadians.

I guess you could break everyone down by the language they speak but that seems crude. Better to just call everyone Canadian and avoid the whole origin BS.
    Obviously Canada is no longer simply a union of the French and the English. Did you miss the part where I talked about the origins. IN 1867 there would have been very little settlement apart from those 2 groups and the native groups were probably not considered at all.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
      Nope: It's Québécois!
      See I'm a Quebecois (even lightly separatist if that's relevant) and that whole thing I disapprove of.
      People call things in their own language.
      For example, you call countries and their inhabitans by their name in your language.
      Finlande, finlandais for example for us quebecois.
      They shouldn't get offended and I'm very open to ppl calling me Quebecois or even Quebecer in English.

You might say it's just as a joke but you know as well as me that Quebecois WILL in fact correct an English speaking person if they don't pronounce it the "correct" way. Just like you did with the BBC for example.

Those same person don't have a qualm about calling everybody else in the world by their French name though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Or it could be that in English people from Quebec are called Quebeckers. Whine all you want that they are not calling them by their French name but that does not mean the BBC was incorrect in its English usage.
        Exactly my point.
        You can argue about real issue but anyone arguing about this has blindfolds on.

Comment

They should be called "Nordiques".
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            They should be called "Nordiques".

NEVER!
            What?

Comment

man, I wish he didn't take it seriously...

Originally posted by Lul Thyme

See I'm a Quebecois (even lightly separatist if that's relevant) and that whole thing I disapprove of.
              People call things in their own language.
              For example, you call countries and their inhabitans by their name in your language.
              Finlande, finlandais for example for us quebecois.
              They shouldn't get offended and I'm very open to ppl calling me Quebecois or even Quebecer in English.

You might say it's just as a joke but you know as well as me that Quebecois WILL in fact correct an English speaking person if they don't pronounce it the "correct" way. Just like you did with the BBC for example.

Those same person don't have a qualm about calling everybody else in the world by their French name though.
              bleh

Comment

You learned English, you might as well give up. Our culture is stronger than yours.

Submissive, surrendering Frenchies have no chance against dominant red-blooded males.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                  man, I wish he didn't take it seriously...
                  Did you see the part where I said it might be a joke but that many Quebecois actually act this way seriously all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Submissive, surrendering Frenchies have no chance against dominant red-blooded males.
                    True.

Sooooo... coming over to our side?
                    What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu

True.

Sooooo... coming over to our side?
                      Votre mere est celle qui m'a tourne gai.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        Votre mere est celle qui m'a tourne gai.
                        Sorry you couldn't handle the rejection. She only likes dominant red-blooded males.
                        What?

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                          Sorry you couldn't handle the rejection. She only likes dominant red-blooded males.
                          Like yourself?

Comment

I can't answer that without having you dreaming of passionate sex with me. So i'll pass.
                            What?

Comment

Funny... I'm just having lessons about Quebec as a part of my studies.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Is there a quebec flag available on apolyton yet?
                                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                                X