No announcement yet.

Dealing with dirtbag tenets. Part 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my question and maybe i missed this is did he sign the lease he reviewed for 6 weeks? If not he is on a month to month and all u need is 30 days written notice delivered to the domain he is staying at. If anything a notarized notice signed by a witness or two might be able to get u to get rid of him by the end of the month as legal evidence that u didn indeed give him written notice provided u know a notary that will back date the notice u did give him
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      provided u know a notary that will back date the notice u did give him
      WTF?

Comment

hey i know a public notary that will back date a notice for me if i ask . and it cant be proven that it isnt back dated cause they notary controls her own books. The key thing is to find out if the guy ever signed the lese and gave the original copy to oredin. I missed it if it was said he did. All i heard was that he read the thing never signed it, and the original that has ink on the notice should be the one oredin has not a photocopy which the tenant will have.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
          You have my sympathy Oerdin, but it does sound as though you were a bit slack in checking this guy out before letting him in. Oh well, you've learned a valuable lesson or two.
          I didn't check him at all which is my fault. Live and learn.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

my question and maybe i missed this is did he sign the lease he reviewed for 6 weeks? If not he is on a month to month and all u need is 30 days written notice delivered to the domain he is staying at. If anything a notarized notice signed by a witness or two might be able to get u to get rid of him by the end of the month as legal evidence that u didn indeed give him written notice provided u know a notary that will back date the notice u did give him
            I'm checking this out. He is on a month to month lease and the lease does specify that either party can end the lease with 30 days prior written notice. The law in question might only apply to people renting whole houses/apartments instead of people renting a room in a house. I'm not sure and I didn't ask the lawyer about this.

Comment

hey i know a public notary that will back date a notice for me if i ask . and it cant be proven that it isnt back dated cause they notary controls her own books. The key thing is to find out if the guy ever signed the lese and gave the original copy to oredin. I missed it if it was said he did. All i heard was that he read the thing never signed it, and the original that has ink on the notice should be the one oredin has not a photocopy which the tenant will have.
              He eventually did sign it and I have the original. I gave him a copy which he has lost. I will give him another copy because I am a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

He eventually did sign it and I have the original. I gave him a copy which he has lost. I will give him another copy because I am a nice guy.
                Bottom line is that u gave him written notice even if you mail it its going to ur house. and anyone can refuse the receipt of a certifed letter. and the guy can say i never got it and i cant control who can sign since there are 2 folks that live here so that lawyer isnt making sense to me. you can stil break his lease and send him packing but im afraid since he siged the lease u might have to return all his security and that will even happen if u let him stay another month.

Comment

I personnaly would lock him out with the notice you gave him. Hire a certified moving co to pack up his belongins and make an inventory list. have the co move his belonigs to a secure buliding and lock it up with them keeping the key. That way if he comes back to get his stuff if not moved out at the time given u have alist not made by you or moved by you and stored by this moving co. with the key not held by u he cant say his stuff is missing or gone etc, it might cost ya but u will be rid of this squatter

Comment

I would suggest not submitting falsified documents to the court.

Comment

If you listen to this lady, Oed, you're even dumber then you've shown so far. Figure out the rules, figure out how people who do evictions all the time do it and then follow that procedure. This lady has already advocated a criminal act.

Comment

Oh...and consider that this discussion may become public.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                          If you listen to this lady, Oed, you're even dumber then you've shown so far. Figure out the rules, figure out how people who do evictions all the time do it and then follow that procedure. This lady has already advocated a criminal act.
                          I'm not going to be falsifying anything.

Comment

I advocated one, too. Beat the crap out of him.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I personnaly would lock him out with the notice you gave him. Hire a certified moving co to pack up his belongins and make an inventory list. have the co move his belonigs to a secure buliding and lock it up with them keeping the key.
                              This would very likely be illegal and expose Oerdin to a whole lot of trouble he doesn't need. You cannot seize property that has not been offered as security. Nor can he simply dump it outside. That has to be done by the Sheriff.

Oerdin has two other serious problems. He has an agreement with a new tenant that he cannot meet, and thus has exposed himself to a possible lawsuit there. The new tenant would be within his rights to sue if he cannot find another place, unless no documents have been signed or money changed hands.

Also, if James decides to be a real dick, he can force Oerdin to go through eviction and stay for free while the whole process winds its way through the courts, though in the end he'd be liable for back rent, utilities and damages.

Right now, what Oerdin needs to do is get James out with the least muss and fuss as quickly as possible. He may wish to agree to forgive his outstanding debts in return for his getting the hell out. Better take take the existing loss than open himself up to further losses that he will likely never recover.

Sorry man.

As for tenants' rights, those exist because of abusive landlords. I had one friend who a landlord tried to rape, using his keys to enter her apartment. When she fought him off, he tried to throw her out.

I've had more than my share of landlords from hell. One place Bunnygrrl, Theben, and I moved into didn't have a working furnace or oven and then the front lock fell out of the door. This was in a very nice neighborhood. When we complained, things got very ugly, very quickly. We fortunately found a place just down the street, but had no running water or fridge or toilet. Eventually those were fixed and I rented a fridge and deducted it from my rent until they got us a cheap used fridge with a dead roach in it. My foot fell through the floor of the bathroom of another place, which also had rats. And finally I had a landlord who overcharged late fees, didn't turn the heat up during the Chicago winter (likely causing an elderly woman to die of a heart attack, after he'd already denied her Meals on Wheels access to the building), and tried to claim that I'd staged my falling through the back stairs. He tried to evict me, but since I'd already called the city on him, it was legally a retaliatory eviction, so I had him over the barrel. Tenant protection
                              Last edited by chequita guevara; November 22, 2006, 19:46.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Take him out in a body bag and any moans will be muffled.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X