No announcement yet.

Rangle drags out the draft, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangle = attention whore. Even the DU crazies are laughing at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
      Rangle = attention whore. Even the DU crazies are laughing at him.
      then i suspect rangle is right!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I don't know, most of them probably would sell out their progeny if it meant getting kickbacks from war profiteers...

Maybe if members of congress, lobbyists, and the board of directors of any corporation that wanted to be eligible to recieve a war-related government contract had to register for the draft it would work. (Though they'd still rig it... so no.)

Comment

Maybe if members of congress, lobbyists, and the board of directors of any corporation that wanted to be eligible to recieve a war-related government contract had to register for the draft it would work.
          If they are male, they already are (though I doubt most meet the eligibility requirments anymore).

I simply think the basic concept of Rangles argument is wrong, at the very least the contention that our current system is undemocratic. I myself support mandatory service for everyone, but for a very different reason. As far as democracy goes if a country can still maintain a volunteer force in wartime knowing they are going to go to Iraq, and despite the hyperbola the recruiting goals are being met, then that in itself means the populace can't be that opposed.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
          X