Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis
    what's she get an emmy for?
    Most Oustanding Actress in a Comedy Series (or something like that - basically Best Actress in a Comedy) for "The New Adventures of Old Christine", her new show on CBS.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

that's what happens when you haven't watched tv in years. I'm so out of touch with television.

Comment

Seinfeld had an episode where he went to a heckler's workplace and heckled her.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Seinfeld had an episode where he went to a heckler's workplace and heckled her.

But how would Michael Richards know which street corner they guy is dealing on?

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I want it noted that I didn't say that.

I wish I did, but I didn't.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What? I heard he was a hot dog vendor
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

A radio host had a great line last night - Did you hear M.R.'s holiday special was cancelled? It was called "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"
                If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I like the Mike Birbigla cracker riff. Like where the black guy tries to call him cracker and he closes down on him.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  Last edited by TCO; November 21, 2006, 23:05.

Comment

Wow.

Out of curiosity, I just went to the white supremacist board most recently featured on Somethingawful's Weekend Web. Oddly enough, they made no mention of the Richards incident at all. But I must say...wow. Those are the most pitiful specimens of humanity I have encountered in a long, long, long time. I just couldn't help laughing as thread after thread emphasized that "this is the most intellectual of all White Power forums." Then I looked in their movie discussion subforum. They all thought Doom was a great movie, mostly because the Rock's character died, as did a black character who dared to make out with a white woman (possibly the Rock's character; it wasn't clear).

Wow.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Elok, yeah, there's a clear difference with the meathead racists, who are really really racist, and their leaders, some of them who might be intelligent but also extremely racist.

Difference between them and this Kramer bombing on his routine.

Anyway, this is subjective, as what we think is racism most of the times but here's my thought:

Kramer was not being a racist. He was firing down a heckler. Period. He MIGHT be a racist, but this does not show it at all.

The .. tv man who was interviewing the first muslim senator, definitely a racist. AS in 'can you prove you are not working with our enemy'. That was racism 101. OK, if I was the senator and heard that, I would have left the building, period, or attacked the question and the reporter.

It doesn't matter what you say, what matters is what you do, as in how you treat other people. It doesnt' really even matter what you think, if it doesn't show as negative action. Kramer treated everyone with the same style everyone should be dealt with who interrupts shows: Shoot them down and burning the mother****ers alive, everything goes. No matter who you are.

That tv reporter, well, he was putting a newly elected senator on the premise that because he is the first muslim senator, everyone feels uncomfortable that he might be a terrorist.

If this is how most really feel, most people are very racist, while at the same time shooting down Kramer. That's just hypocricy, a sign of accidentally taking brain killers instead of pain killers.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                      X