No announcement yet.

Caligista has a new favourite comedian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was definitely not being serious. He was just flaming back like a champion.

But make no mistake about where I come from. If you would be serious with that kind of stuff, then yes, it's something I'd strongly condemn. So, the difference here is, that Mel Gibson was not in that fire free zone, he was being an ass and prolly showing some true colours.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      In American cultural memory, racial lynchings are still probably pretty fresh.

Not particularly...
      A number of people at my church have been beat for being black.

JM
      (average age over 50)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm of two minds about this.

What he said was wrong, but the hecklers are champions of black people?

At worst, Richards was racist, at best he was unimaginative, N***** is the best he could come up with?

The "heckler" was even more lame than Richards was, Cracker ass white boy?

Has been that only had Seinfeld?

Still one more show than the heckler has had.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

and don't forget the movie: UHF.

Comment

I was thinking Trial and Error

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

wait a minute, I'm confused (as usual). Who is Caligista? The name rings a bell. But how was a DL with the same name allowed to register today?

Comment

Cali is originally a kiwi now living in some where or other and is famous on this forum for being the Racist.

Comment

back when I joined there were better racists

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

He's on Letterman right now apologizing (Jerry Seinfeld was the guest and invited him on from satellite)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      I do recall somebody saying somebody living in Hong Kong may not be as well-versed in hockey as somebody living in Canada, though. Which, as you say, is a "slur".
                      Slur? No. Ignorance reaching for crutches? Yes.

Considering he plays the game and you don't, it is rather funny that you pulled geographical location as trump in an argument. It leads one to believe you didn't have much else to argue based on other than ignorance and stereotypes.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        He's on Letterman right now apologizing (Jerry Seinfeld was the guest and invited him on from satellite)
                        way to spoil it for me. . Not that I planned on watching Letterman.

Comment

how very unfunny
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Not sure if any of you caught it

Letterman had Seinfeld on as his guest tonight. They got around to talking about this whole snafu, and they actually got Michael Richards on via satelite.

At first, the audience thought it was a joke and were laughing, but Michael Richards really had his heart on his sleeve and said some heart felt things. He appologized profusely and was at the brink of tears. He insisted he's not a racist, and it was just the dumbest night of his life.

Very heavy moment. I kinda believe him, but I'm sure he's racist in ways he doesnt understand himself. But he took all the blame.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                              Not sure if any of you caught it

Letterman had Seinfeld on as his guest tonight. They got around to talking about this whole snafu, and they actually got Michael Richards on via satelite.
                              Check like... oh 4 posts up .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                "Insulting them based on their race is unacceptable."

Says you.

I see a double standard here. Had that been Chris Rock, youd' be laughing your ass off, and if you deny, you lie.

I'm not saying throwing around racial slurs is cool. I'm saying you're in a zone where everything goes. Can't stand it, don't go there. Sarah Silverman is even more outrageous, there's tons of comedians who do a whole lot worse material.
                                It's the U.S. The double standard is the rule. Whites can't say things that other people can. We're limited to making fun of politics and rednecks. Anything else is too threatening. It's like Germans making Jew jokes.
                                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X